“Great start to an Italian vacation” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Milan Malpensa

Hilton Garden Inn Milan Malpensa
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Somma Lombardo
“Great start to an Italian vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

I was arriving late to Malpensa airport with the family and needed a place for the night. I reserved a room and asked them to have the sofa made into a bed. I called when we arrived and the shuttle bus was waiting for us when we got to the meeting point. Upon arrival to the hotel, they actually had the sofa bed ready. We were able to get to bed quickly and start our next day refreshed. The breakfast was normal European fare with meats, cheese, pastries, eggs, etc. of course, the coffee was very nice as one would expect from an Italian establishment.
I will definitely stay at this hotel in the future for business trips as there are good connections to the city.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Dkaljuvee
HGI_Milan_Malpensa, Web Mkt.-Revenue-Booking & Events Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milan Malpensa, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Dkaljuvee,
thank you very much for your appreciated review on our property and to be our Guest.
We hope to have you again very very soon...

Web Mkt.-Revenue-Booking & Events Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

for a overnight stop over this hotel is great from the free shuttle bus airport transfer to the good quality rooms and bathroom

you could get taken back to the airport by the shuttle ( on the hour ) if you wanted to catch a train into Milan
but as other reviews have stated there isn't much around the area of the hotel

we used both the bar facilities and the restaurant ( for breakfast and for the evening meal ) and everything was ok -- prices are reasonable and the bar had a happy hour from 6pm - 8pm -- 30% off drinks

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear wombat63,
thank you very much for your comments about the Hilton Garden Inn Milan Malpensa hotel.
To reply on the hotel area we suggest to all our Guests, if they have time at disposal, to visit the area by our complimentary bikes because with this mean of transport is possible to explore the area and its nature.
By car is possible to go in few minutes on the lake Maggiore, the nearest place is reacheable in about 15-20 minutes or Varese city center with its gardens and the Sacro Monte.
In less time is possible to visit by foot the Somma Lombardo city center with its castle (to visit it inside you need to book).
Depending on the available time and means of transport there are some possibilities to spend good time also here in Malpensa area!

Cincinnati, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

I stayed in Hilton Garden Inn Malpensa. Hotel is clean and food service are decent. I was recommended to stay here by my colleague traveling together and I had a peace of mind before taking international flight early in the following morning. Very convenient.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGI_Milan_Malpensa, Web Mkt.-Revenue-Booking & Events Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milan Malpensa, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Satoko V,
thank you for leaving your review on the hotel Hilton Garden Inn Milan Malpensa.
We are very glad that you have appreciated us and we hope to have you here again very soon.

Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Although comfortable accomodations especially with Hilton Honors Upgrade to a Queen Suite rooms are impeccably clean, well serviced and suit the Hilton Garden Inn concept. It is indeed a shame the staff are barely able to speak english my italian is poor and my fluent German is not understood The shuttle service to MXP is good and the various drivers know more about service and have a better grasp of english than the front desk staff. After arriving from Hilton Tel Aviv which is a truly 5 star maybe luxury hotel I was extremely disappointed with location, checkin service, bar service (I was corrected when I asked for a glass of Merlot or Nero Di'Avola and told they are not same) and absolutely appauled at checkout when I tried to settle my konto for bar/pantry services and told I had not paid for my hotel room. I had a flight to Zürich to see friends and do some quick banking before my LX flight to Singas on way back home to Australia. Front desk staff incompetent in any language except Italian were eager and inflexibly Italian in pointing out I had not paid for my hotel room (my room was on 2 bookings prepaid through Hilton.com) Even after a visit to the good Business centre to print my 2 previous Amex statements to show to front desk staff it was denied I had paid for my room - so I told them I was leaving on the shuttle to MXP for my flight to Züri without paying a cent It was indeed traumatic to stay here in the middle of nowhere. I stay at MXP every year to visit my fave Armani and Perofil outlets and I recommend you stay at the Sheraton MXP or even First Hotel MXP where service is good

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Con B
Dear Con B,
thank you for spending a bit of your precious time to write a review about our hotel.
Our staff at the reception is able to understand and speak english (someone also German, Chinese, Spanish and French).
Unfortunately, sometimes, also trying to do everything to avoid problems for the Guests can happen that there is something wrong (not always for a fault of the staff) that can be corrected after a check but need to be well explained.
We are a 4 star airport hotel and we try to do our best to make more pleasant our Guests stays,
Most of time it happens but unfortunately not always. For this reason we need also the negative comments like yours to improve each day our services.

Best Regards,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed at this hotel in march 2014. This is a clean hotel about 30 mns from MXP airport. Shuttle service is great and hotel is clean. The restaurant on site is geat wish they had more choices, never had breaskfast on site, I saw the breakfasta rea was nice. Wish they had more diversity. And also more young faces and different diverse group working at this hotel. overall, great place

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGI_Milan_Malpensa, Web Mkt.-Revenue-Booking & Events Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milan Malpensa, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Daphy l,
thank you for your review on our hotel.
The hotel is 7 km. from the airport Malpensa and the shuttle takes about 10-15 minutes to arrive from the hotel to the airport.
We hope to see you soon again at this hotel.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

By far the best hotel in the area for business travellers. Wifi has relatively good speed for emails etc and good reception in all rooms I have stayed in. Breakfast and food is good and staff are very friendly.

The standard of the rooms is very good, clean and modern as I believe was recently refurbished. Gym and laundry facilities also very good

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear TA Member,
we are very glad of your positive comments on our hotel.
We hope to have you very soon here again.

Austin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Tis true. Nice food. Quiet location. Nice Rooms. Smiles from the folks who work here. Horrible internet throughout, however. I have been walking the halls, the lobby, and the bar looking for a little bandwidth and a ping response under 100ms (Sorry, geek speak). I'm working, you see. Perhaps They are really busy. That is OK. However, Please get more bandwidth. I can't stay here if I can't reply to emails, I am afraid.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear monkeymay,
thank you for your review about our hotel.
Usually our Internet connection works properly with the big part of our Guests but when the occupancy is high and there are a lot of persons who use the connection can be less fast than usual.
But I have a good news for you and all our Guests because is going to arrive the optical fiber with a big improvement to the connection that will be also faster than now.
We hope that you will be here again in the future to test yourself this change.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Somma Lombardo
Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Grand Hotel Milano Malpensa
Grand Hotel Milano Malpensa
#9 of 10 in Somma Lombardo

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Milan Malpensa? Share your experiences!