“Very Good Experience”

Hilton Garden Inn Milan Malpensa
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Somma Lombardo
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Picked this place based on the reviews on tripadvisor and I wasn't disappointed. Upon arrival at MXP I tried to call for the hotel shuttle but was unable to connect because of my cell phone. That's my fault and not the hotel's though. We decided to cab it over to the hotel which cost 17€. A little steep for the 5 mile drive to Somma Lombardo. The hotel is very clean and efficient. One of the nicest Hilton Garden Inn's I've stayed in. Check in was efficient and the staff was very friendly. My room was exceptionally clean and really didn't show any signs of being worn out. The only negative comment I have about the room was that the warm water in the shower cycled from warm to scalding hot repeatedly. Other than that, everything was really good. Breakfast is also pretty good with a good variety of selections. We ate at the restaurant for lunch and it was really good! Stefano was a great server. Very attentive and helpful. Overall, a very good experience here. If you need to be near the airport, this is a great spot. While its not right next door the airport, it's close enough. The downtown area of Somma Lombardo is a 10 minute walk with some good restaurants and pubs.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 10boom
HGI_Milan_Malpensa, Web Mkt.-Revenue-Booking & Events Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milan Malpensa, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear 10boom,
we are very happy to read that your experience at our property has been positive.
We hope to see you soon.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Milan Malpensa

Reviewed September 14, 2013

A very nice HGI hotel with great access to N. Italy countryside & Alps but a little far out from Milan! Luckily my distributor personnel picked me up at the hotel to visit customers. When I did drive into Milan it took 45 minutes but I left after 9:00am to miss rush hour. Taking a local train might be the best alternative!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Brian T

Dear Brian T,
thank you very much for your review.
You are right that we are 45 minutes by car from Milan and the faster and easier way to reach the city is by train from Malpensa Airport train station.

We hope to see you soon again at our property.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

1. Airport Shuttle-stopped at hotel first with while driving my rental car to check in. Informed front desk personal that I would need picked up at the airport. I was told to call for pick up (international destination and my cell would not work) but I did not have the ability to do so. Front desk said to have car rental company call. No direct line at the airport to call hotel. I was given no instructions on where the shuttle would pick me up and signage at MXP airport is very poor. :45 minutes after car agency called hotel we still had not been picked up. I then tried to call on a pay phone but the number was not connecting (yes, I did dial the proper number with codes). Had to ask the bellman at the Sheraton hotel to call. Told van would be there is :20 minutes. :40 minutes later still no van. I then used the Sheraton's phone and called the HGI. I was told the van was there but it picked up another guest and came back to the hotel. The shuttle would be sent again to pick us up and it would be another :20 minutes. At this point I was livid and ended up taking a taxi to the hotel. In the morning the shuttle only runs every hour! This is a airport hotel!! One must sign up the night before because the van only holds 8 seats. Do not advertise yourself as a airport hotel with shuttle service if you only offer 8 seats hourly! Totally inadequate. 2. Check in/Check Out-Hotel understaffed. Front desk could not handle in a timely fashion the number of guests checking in our out. In the morning there was only one front desk personal working while many guests were trying to check out (some trying to catch the once a hour van that they had to sign up for the night before). I was fortunate to come down :15 minutes prior to the van leaving but one should not have to wait :15 minutes to check out. Check in was just as bad. 3. F&B-again staffing issue. We wanted to eat in the restaurant but were told we would have to wait :20 minutes for a table. There was a whole section of the restaurant not being utilized but we were still told we would have to wait. It was very apparent the restaurant was not staffed to handle the number of guests in the hotel that night. We ended up having to eat in the bar lounge area for our last dinner in Italy. Not a great way to finish a lovely vacation. I will say the waitress/bar tender in the bar was excellent. She picked up where everyone else at the hotel had failed. She was very busy yet did an outstanding job.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Flyboy1969

Dear Flyboy1969,
thank you very much for your review.
We are very sorry to see that you had some troubles during your stay.
Our shuttle is available 24/7 on request and the Front Desk agents do their best to guarantee a fast and on time service but unfortunately sometimes there are some external factors that can influence our service. On our website there is the telephone number to contact to have the shuttle and the maximum number of seats available.
We have taken note of your comments and we start to use them from now to improve our services.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed here thinking we would be close to the airport. It is really 5 miles away and not that easy to find. They do provide a shuttle to and from the airport but it is small and they screwed up two out of the 3 bookings for the early morning trips. The staff is good but not that helpful when things go wrong. Rooms are typical for Hilton Garden.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Steve408,
thank you very much for your review.
Your suggestions are precious to improve our hotel and our services.
The property is 7 km. from the airport and this is a clear information on each online channel that sells our property.
We hope to offer to your a better experience for the next stay.

Web Mkt.-Revenue-Booking & Events Manger

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I would definitely stay at this hotel when in the Milan area. Service was excellent, Hotel was spotless. People were friendly. Shuttle bus to and from airport was very helpful. Typical Hilton experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGI_Milan_Malpensa, Web Mkt.-Revenue-Booking & Events Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milan Malpensa, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Dana D,
fantastic comments on our property.
We hope to have you soon again.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Nice lobby and reception staff ok. I was allocated a Room right at the end of the building on the fourth floor around a corner. I felt like I was retiring in a chambermaid's cupboard. I had to switch on light to feel comfortable. Just an average room nothing spectacular for Hilton. Ok for a short stay near MXP Airport. I suppose $$$ is a good deal... ( my company picks up the bill) Cleanliness Ok beside a few ladie's hair in the bidet. Air condition rather on the weak side. I like to sleep in a cool room but aircond did not cool enough (~22c). Four bottles of mineral water in the fridge free of charge was highly appreciated
Nothing worth in the surroundings within walking distance.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Zebulon_B747,
thank you for your review on our property.
If you will be here next time you can reach with a walking distance the Visconti Castle beautiful to see or you can take free of charge our bycicles and reach beautiful tracks on the Ticino Park or nearby.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn near the Milan, Malpensa Airport is very new and a "Standard American" business grade hotel; it's a Hilton. You won't get a too much of a taste of Italy staying here, but the hotel is situated near enough to the airport that it offers a complimentary van to and from the airport and makes a great location for that last night in Italy before a morning flight out.

The rate I got, ~$95/nigh,t was a deal and the room was new, fresh and well furnished with comfy bed. Bar was standard American hotel bar and the on premises restaurant was just fine for a laid back evening after a long day's travel to get there.

Driving to the hotel is not hard, the directions however leave a lot to be desired, once you've done it, it seems simple, but road signage between the Autostrada and the hotel was not too great.

Definitely would recommend for a good, hassle free, quality place to stay near the airport.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Dear pcroft51,
thank you for your beautiful comments on your stay at our property.
You are right about the directional signages on the way from/to the highway that is not so good but unfortunately for them there are rules that can'be skip.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Somma Lombardo
Grand Hotel Milano Malpensa
Grand Hotel Milano Malpensa
#8 of 9 in Somma Lombardo
Idea Hotel Plus Milano Malpensa Airport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Milan Malpensa? Share your experiences!