“Malpensa airport layover hotel with suites”
Review of Tre Leoni

Tre Leoni
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Somma Lombardo
Reviewed January 2, 2012

As others have commented there is nothing fancy about this hotel, but it passes muster for a late evening arrival and a morning flight the next day. The hotel offers a free airport shuttle and there was a three minute shuttle ride from the hotel to our two room suite that was modern and extremely clean. Since we arrived at the central train station, we used the shuttle bus (7.50E) to get us from there to the airport for the hotel shuttle pickup. Minor annoyances were an inoperable bathroom light (a separate alcove provided sufficient indirect light to overcome this problem) and a television with only one receivable channel, two remotes and no user instructions all of which were brought to the attention of the staff upon checkout, although I did not see the receptionist make a written note of these errors. The room was off a street with some traffic noise. Our low budget web price included a basic continental breakfast the next morning. I would not recommend paying anything but a bargain basement price for our suite style room and only use it for a one night layover. English skills via phone and reception desk were very good.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed October 19, 2011

This hotel was extremely convenient and reasonable in price. The hotel provides a free round trip shuttle that runs to the airport 24hrs a day. The ride to and from the airport is about 10-15 minutes depending on traffic. There is also a restaurant/pizzeria on the property next to the lobby that closes pretty late. I also noticed a large grocery store within walking distance on the way to the hotel.

My only complaint - The room was small and the bed was REALLY uncomfortable. (The room was clean) but the carpet in the hallways were a little dirty.

Again, this hotel is ideal for someone traveling to the airport the following day.

Some of the staff were really friendly and some not so much. However most staff members did speak English and were helpful.

The internet is not free but I had to make an emergency call to the states, I paid only €4.50 for 30minutes. (I dialed to an American toll-free number, I don't know if this had anything to do with the low cost)

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed September 27, 2011

The hotel was clean and nice, nothing over the top but did the trick for a night before we flew out of Milan. And the Shuttle Service was prompt.
The special part of this hotel was the staff. There were many desk clerks that spoke very good English and were very friendly. One in particular, Domenico Calaianni, was super nice and made us feel right at home.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2011

This place is close to the airport, which is what we wanted as we were just staying overnight for an early flight out. The free shuttle to the airport was great. The room was in the "annex" which was several blocks away from the main hotel. The room was functional, although it felt damp to me. The food at the restaurant was fine, but after 10 days of wonderful italian food this place was subpar.

The driver of the shuttle was awesome though... it was an old Italian guy who didn't speak any English... but that didn't stop him from talking to us the entire way to the airport. It was hysterical.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank smfuray
Reviewed September 17, 2011

My husband booked this hotel as we had a long flight layover in Milan. This was supposed to be near the airport and we just wanted a place to sleep and a hotel shuttle to pick us up. Pick up was not a problem but when we got to the hotel, we were told that they were fully booked for the night and that they were booking us at their other property, It turned out to be another long drive. On top of that and before the driver dropped us off, we were informed that we were the first to be picked up the following morning. The room even though spacious for two was outdated and furnished poorly. Breakfast was okay but we were hurried by the driver that picked us up early. We could have insisted on staying at another hotel but we were too tired to even argue with the front desk. It was misrepresentation in my opinion! A first negative review I ever made on a hotel.

Room Tip: Don't!
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katerryna6
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stayed one night before flying home. Booked via Laterooms and from it's site assumed the airport shuttle was included in the tariff , as it is with other hotels around the area. The breakfast was very ordinary and included no hot options, but lots of cakes. Wifi would not connect in the room, had to go to the foyer to use it and was charged 5 euro.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2011

I stayed here on my first day in Malpensa 26th DEC 2010 and my last day 8th Jan 2011 and found this hotel very warm and friendly, the staff speak and understand English and the restaurant was great with a good menu. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable, the last time I was in Malpensa I stayed at another hotel but this time I was happy that they had shut for the Christmas & New year, Tre Leoni is situated just off the main street and is a quiet location and close to the shops, the main shopping area is not that far away.
I'd stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo