1,970 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We checked in after traveling around Euope for 6 weeks. Booked one night before departure after returning hire car. After whole day driving here we were looking forward to a great
meal (after not having eaten since dinner last night). There were 3 traveling in the group, one in wheelchair so we had 5 luggage pieces. I asked reception for a trolley so we could put all luggage in, they didn't have any trolley. I couldnt believe that an airport hotel would not have access to a luggage trolley. The manager looked at me and laughed. As we had not eaten for almost 24 hours we were starving and looking forward to a meal and getting a rest. Only poblem was the restaurant was closed till 7 pm, so we had to wait 4 hours. There was nowhere else to go to get a meal. There was a 'restaurant' within 2 min walk, I decided to check it out, it was also closed ill 7pm and it looked very dodgy and desperate. We decided it was best to wait till the hotel opened their restaurant in 4 hours time. Not happy! We also needed to check our emails, had to pay 7 euros. When will the hotel industry catch up with the realisation and demands of travelers and stop charging for Internet access???? It is so last century and really pisses me off. The tv did not work in the other bedroom, they couldn't help until their technician came in to work.
Room itself was very good in that it had a good bed and lots of baggage storage room, bathroom was fine and it had a tv. What was lacking was no restaurant facilities when you desperately needed one, and lack of much needed luggage trolley for an international airport. Church bell next door ringing on the hour quite loudly does not help sleep.

Room tip: Don't stay in a hotel next to the church bell ringing on the hour if you want to take a nap, and make sure it has a restaurant open if you need to eat.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank LaraTuscany
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We booked this hotel for overnight stay on our last night of our holiday.We were debating between Sheraton and idea.As Sheraton did not have great reviews we thought we will try this idea hotel.We reluctantly booked it and rang them from Venice to check about their shuttle etc.We arrived at the airport at 2120pm and waited for the shuttle.By 2150pm every other hotels shuttle were their bit the one from IDEA hotel.I then contacted them,attempted to use a phone card but was not successful,eventually had to call with my uk SIM,following 5 minutes of music the receptionist answered the phone and when enquired about the shuttle she said it will be there at 22.00pm.Finally it arrived at 22.25pm.We almost lost it by then and keep hoping that the hotel will be ok.Its not too far from airport but not quite easy to walk.It was quite late therefore could not see very much.When we arrived,only Alice was on the desk trying to check in and answer phone,poor girl..We had travelled from Venice and we were very very tired and just wanted to rest.We were offered free Internet and drinks from the mini bar for all the inconvenient.It was nice but we were too tired for very much.We entered the room,bathroom was spotlessly clean,Beds were clean.towels looked quite tacky,walls were dirty,bit of paint could do the job.room carpet did not look particularly clean,in fact my husband did not want to walk on it bare feet .No kettle in room.I might be mistaken but it seems to me this hotel could be an ex Hilton.It looks like it had a water fountain previously but no maintenance ? Since change Hand.....
we wanted to leave early,we booked the shuttle and thank god it was there in time.
breakfast was awful,I only had a glass of cold water,my son did not touch anything.Bread was not fresh.There was flies in the dining room.Overall the hotel needs upgrading.the large puffer in the main reception was really dirty needs good clean.It could be a nice place if their shuttle driver was more reliable and a bit of modernisation is desperately needed.In future I would rather paya bit extra and stay in a branded place.sorry but won't stay here again.

Room tip: Only stay overnight so not sure what to recommend.Not quite a place to book for holiday.it might be cheap but it cost 10 euro pp to get into Milan centre one way.
1  Thank sh0bna
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Great airport hotel, clean rooms and bathrooms, helpful staff and good food at its restaurant. Irt is also great value. However, it was really difficult to find because there were no clear signs (unlike other hotels in e area).

Reviewed August 19, 2012

The rooms were clean and well maintained, though the all-white decor is a little the worse for wear. Shower in our room was fine; our teens next door had only a bath, which made getting out early in the morning a little hectic. Check-in took a long time as there was only one clerk and a very long line. Breakfast was ample and good. We were there during the August holidays, so the area around the hotel was deserted and our only real choice for dinner was the hotel restaurant, which was serviceable if not wonderful. It's fine for a one-night stay before a morning flight.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Hotel is close to the airport, clean room, good breakfast, shuttle to the airport was on schedule. However, the aircondition didn't work (due to the window switch malfanction) and hotel didn't have staff to fix it. We were too tired to move to another room, so I didn't even asked for it. Reception was always busy admitting people (with two-three in the line at all times). Computers in the lobby are old, worn out and next to the TV with kids running around and screaming. There is no printer to print your boarding pass - you have to save it as pdf and email to the staff to print (a bit rediculous...) and the Internet was ridiculously slow, so I gave up on the on-line checkin. they charge for WiFi in the room, but I do not know if it was any better - didn't try. And on a top of that they proudly displayed "Sign of excelence" from the TripAdvisor...

Room tip: Check if airconditioning unit works.