I booked the hotel through Trevago. I arrived at MXP with my 7 year old son on an Easyjet flight (all easyjet flights fly to terminal 2 by the way) at around 9.30pm local time. I tried calling the number I had noted from the hotel website but found no English speaker on the other end of the phone so I was unable to enquire about the shuttle bus service. Fortunately I had read some of the reviews on tripadviser and happily fell upon the pharmacy just outside the arrivals hall - out of the building, turn right towards departures. All of the hotel shuttle buses seem to stop here. Just by luck a kind lady from another hotel found the number and rang the hotel on her mobile phone for me and was able to let me know that our shuttle was due around 10.20pm from where we were. The shuttle bus for the hotel was not obviously marked as such and I feel there was a bit too much luck involved in finding it to be honest. The Shuttle was spacious which was a relief as a lot of the other hotels could not accommodate all the arrivals which was causing quite a lot of ill-feeling from travel weary people in an unfamiliar land. On arrival at the hotel there was only 1 receptionist working and unfortunately the one person in front of us in the queue was making a meal out of his check in - NOT ideal with a tired 7 year old in tow. The room was new, clean and spacious, and the bed was comfortable. Unfortunately I was woken by another guest hammering on a neighbouring door in our hallway in the early hours which wasn't ideal but I suspect I was more sensitive to unusual noise being in unfamiliar surroundings. Regretfully in my weary state on arrival I had not paid attention to the shuttle bus timetable for the morning and we missed our train connection to Laveno-Mombello (on the shores of Lake Maggiore) because we had to wait 20 minutes for the bus which took a further 10-15 minutes to get us to the terminal. With this in mind I would recommend paying the extra to stay at The Sheraton Hotel at terminal 1 if you are planning a train journey early morning as the train station is located below it. Or indeed just pay more attention to the shuttle bus times on the reception counter and allow good time to get there and purchase tickets. Due to our wait for the morning bus we did get a chance to sample the buffet breakfast which had a large choice to satisfy most tastes except maybe the really fussy, this was included in the price of the room. It would be great if the hotel could supply better information on their website regarding their shuttle service as for those not travelling by car it is the only way to get to and from the place. It seems a shame that the only information available is from those who have mentioned it in their reviews!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport, the closest hotel to the Terminals.Located only 500m from the Milan Malpensa International Airport, the hotel represents the ideal place to either meet for work or relax after a long journey.Take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service to/from Terminal 1 of the airport available on a scheduled basis, and to/from Terminal 2 on request. Alternatively the airport offers a 24h free shuttle between Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 with a bus stop just 200m from the hotel.The brand new Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport combines contemporary style, comfort and convenience thus representing the smartest choice for travellers attentive to value for money. Start your day on a good note with a reinvigorating power shower experience and a complimentary extensive buffet breakfast.Modern technology and fresh look are the strengths of the brand new Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport hotel which offers 124 comfortable bedrooms all equipped with soundproof windows, WiFi internet connection and wooden floor. Ample public areas designed with lively colours and refined materials are available to our guests who will be able to surf the internet by using the dedicated internet points or by simply connecting to the wireless net.Complete the offer free parking facilities and a meeting room able to host up to 40 persons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport Hotel Somma Lombardo
- Holiday Inn Express Somma Lombardo
- Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport Italy/Somma Lombardo