I was looking for a clean, cheap airport hotel in Milano, in advance of a morning flight. My expectations were set after staying at another HI Express in UK.
The hotel is located few km away from Malpensa airport, connected via a complimentary hotel shuttle which runs every 30 minutes. We chose the airport shuttle between Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, and got off at second stop. From there you have about 500m to walk until the hotel lobby. Overall not bad location if you take the hotel shuttle, but inconvenient if you take the airport shuttle during bad weather.
The hotel itself has a small lobby with a bar, 2 PCs, few tables and a reasonable restaurant eating area. The rooms are small(ish), but with a large bathroom and equipped with everything you need for a pre- or post-flight sleep. Assuming 90%+ of the guests stay there for just one night, it is perfectly fit-for-purpose. The bed is very comfortable, and there is no noise from the airport.
In the morning they offer free coffee and croissants before 6:00AM, which is good if you have an early flight out. If I need to stay in that area in the future, the choice will be easy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport, the closest hotel to the Terminals.Located only 500m from the Milan Malpensa International Airport, the hotel represents the ideal place to either meet for work or relax after a long journey.Take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service to/from Terminal 1 of the airport available on a scheduled basis, and to/from Terminal 2 on request. Alternatively the airport offers a 24h free shuttle between Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 with a bus stop just 200m from the hotel.The brand new Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport combines contemporary style, comfort and convenience thus representing the smartest choice for travellers attentive to value for money. Start your day on a good note with a reinvigorating power shower experience and a complimentary extensive buffet breakfast.Modern technology and fresh look are the strengths of the brand new Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport hotel which offers 124 comfortable bedrooms all equipped with soundproof windows, WiFi internet connection and wooden floor. Ample public areas designed with lively colours and refined materials are available to our guests who will be able to surf the internet by using the dedicated internet points or by simply connecting to the wireless net.Complete the offer free parking facilities and a meeting room able to host up to 40 persons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport Hotel Somma Lombardo
- Holiday Inn Express Somma Lombardo
- Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport Italy/Somma Lombardo