“Good value, close to airport, perfect for transit”

Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Somma Lombardo
Reviewed October 22, 2011

My flight arrived Malpensa around midnight and picked this hotel because of my budget and made a good choice.

Pros:
* 5 mins from airport terminal
* Clean room, new
* very comfortable bed
* with electric kettles to make you own tea
* ambient lighting
* good range of breakfast choice (cold and hot)

Cons
* waited 15-20mins for hotel mini-bus pickup - i called immediately when the plane touched down the tarmac, but the person on the phone insisted me I should call again only when I collected my bags.
* Internet is not free
* no hotel shuttle was available when I checked out (11am on a Sunday). I need to take all my bags (20kg+) to a nearby (300 meters) bus stop for free buses.

Overall: a very satisfactory stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed October 8, 2011

We found this hotel via the internet. Online reviews differed. Still we booked. The price was right and they offered breakfast, which fitted our need before we set off on a cruise. As soon as we reached Malpensa Airport, we gave the hotel a call and the coach arrived after a long-ish wait. Surprisingly, we found the hotel to be functional. Although the bathroom did not have a tub (not that we expected one) it was big and clean. We slept well - despite our one window having a view of a cemetery - and woke up in time for a leisurely breakfast and complimentary ride to the airport where the cruise coach was scheduled to pick us up.

Room Tip: The one we got had a smallish window that overlooked a cemetery. If that scares you, ask for one tha...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2011

Nothing To Declare
Rooms were clean and nice. Bathroom was spacious enough and clean. Reception staff was friendly. Exterior parking free of charge and well lit. Easy for departing flight. Very good experience all in all

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Rooms were clean, modern and functional. Breakfast was quite good, But, frustration arose over vague communication about what food was actually available at the bar. (There were, actually, three options, but getting clarity was difficult.). (The restaurant is down the road at the Crowne Plaza.). And, there was the chaos in the morning when guests were trying to get the shuttle to the airport to catch those morning flights to North America. The hotel's shuttle sat only 8 or 9, so they provided a second van, but still there were folks left standing at the hotel at 7:15 - 8:00 am. Also, the pick-up at the airport was equally confusing due to the small capacity of the van. The hotel is chosen for its convenience to the airport and the free shuttle, but one does not expect this kind of confusion.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2011

For 71 euros, we had a triple room with extremely comfortable beds and pillows, great TV reception, even an electric kettle and an assortment of teas and coffees. Bathroom was roomy, great shower and toiletries, even an LED nightlight! Lots of energy-efficient details to the hotel in general, very friendly front desk staff, and great beer on tap. Of our two=week stay, this was probably the best sleeping accommodations.

My mom, son and I walked to a nearby pizzeria/ristorante through somewhat dicey neighborhood, but the takeaway pizzas were SO worth it! And really cheap (4-8 euro). It looked like they had a nice, but limited, dinner menu.

You have to call them from the airport to let them know you need to be picked up (I couldn't find a courtesy phone, but I shouldn't have expected American-style amenities like that); the hotel's about an 8 minute drive.

If I had to stay overnight in Malpensa, I would definitely choose this place!

Room Tip: Any room is a quiet one!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I booked this airport hotel as I had a late flight into Malpensa coupled with an early start at Rho Fiera (near the airport) the next day.
Staff are friendly and helpful - I'd forgotten a toothbrush and this was provided immediately.
Room was brand new and very clean - everything I needed was in there and the shower was good.
I didn't use the wifi - you have to pay and it is really expensive.
The aircon was very noisy (made a rattling sound) so I had to turn it off. Then there was another annoying noise - I think maybe from boxed in pipes near the door of the room? I was so tired I fell asleep anyway.
Comfortable beds. No minibar, but there is a vending machine in reception that even has sandwiches in it.
Breakfast was a very McDonalds experience, bright, basic huge room painted in primary colours. All the usual stuff you'd expect and all totally self service. The machine coffee was actually ok!
Not the best hotel I've ever stayed in but good price, good location, friendly staff and a free shuttle to and from the airport so I would book again. My only complaint is the wifi is really pricey.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Free shuttle from the airport was fast and friendly making this a good place to stay for an early start. Nothing happening near the hotel so not really a place to stay and see the beautiful city of Milan.
Front desk staff friendly and efficient, rooms reasonable size and comfortable. all you might want from a HI Express.
Breakfast a bit of a let down. food choice OK but table clearance slow making the room look messy. Would stay again in the same circumstances

Room Tip: Take the shuttle not a taxi, it is frequent and free
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Ibis Milano Malpensa Aeroporto
Ibis Milano Malpensa Aeroporto
#2 of 6 in Cardano al Campo
Crowne Plaza Milan - Malpensa Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport? Share your experiences!