“Not recommended-needs sorting out”

Fattoria di Villa Rossa
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Baronto
Fattoria di Villa Rossa
Reviewed October 16, 2008

Booked through Owners Direct. We were advised that the end of season was quiet but when we arrived they had basically closed. The one bedroom "cottage" we had was not very clean and appeared to have been shut up for some while. The toilet with integral shower was very basic given the cost of the accommodation, and the cooking facility was primitive. As it was October we expected that we would be able to turn heating on to take the chill off, but were advised that the local commune sets the date when tourist accommodation can turn the heating on which was the end of October. Patrick the owner's representative was totally uninterested in resolving any of these problems. We also had problems with no external lighting in the early part of the evening due to no one being able to adjust the timer.
The location and set up of the complex is delightful, but the owner appears to have lost interest so we cannot recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Fattoria di Villa Rossa

Reviewed September 29, 2008

The beautiful views are about all the Fattoria can boast. The welcome we received was hardly welcoming: the host Patrick received us in a very unfriendly manner.
The cabin we were given was not properly cleaned and although we booked B&B, we weren't given a bed nor any breakfast. In our cabin there only was a sofabed, which was highly unconfortable.
Breakfast was a laugh as well: no crockery or cutlery, only a plastic plate (if you were lucky enough to get one). The "food" was served in an unhygienic way and hardly edible. Stale bread and cornflakes, usually served half an hour late.
We were expecting to stay in a productive olive grove but instead we found that most of the domain was totally overgrown andnot accessible.
The Fattoria was a real dissapointment!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2008

I booked through Owners Direct. You are interegated on arrival and given a list of rules and asked to pay a deposit which is not advertised. We were asked to pay 100 euro and our friends who arrived the next day another 100 euro for the same house. A couple we met were told to pay 300 euro! Dont move the sunbeds you will be charged 5 euro each time, dont do this dont do that. Patrick is the rudest person I have ever met and made me feel uncomfortable and ruined our stay. Instead of being welcoming and helpful, he is rude and unhelpful. Basically he is a travelling student the owner even admitted that he has a funny way! Villas are not clean, outside furniture ugly and worn out and they do not have their own patios as advertised. Pictures on the website are lovely but dont be fooled. The pool is closed on Mondays for cleaning but I think they use it themselves. We were unable to use it for 2 days of our holidays and it was never cleaned during the week. They even conviscated the net so that we could not get the bugs out ourselves To swim in the pool, which closes at 7:30pm, you must wear a cap which again you are charged for. "Very light breakfast" is disgusting the cereal is a mixture of things which just keeps getting topped up. I was told one morning after 2 days of getting tea that they did not provide it! Views are beautiful but I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy and if the owner is in his right mind he would sack the lot of them.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 8, 2008

I booked this hotel through Hostelbookers, where it was called "Heart of Tuscany". What I expected to be a lovely stay, turned out to be our most disappointing experience in Italy.The location was beautiful, and the tiny town of San Baronto lovely, but not worth the stress I encountered while staying at this hotel/hostel. First of all, the hotel demanded a cash deposit of 100 euros for the key, which they did not return in full when I left. They insisted we wear bathing caps at a cost of 2 euros each, rented out bicycles with flat tires and stripped gears, and promised reinbursements for train tickets that were never honoured. We experienced miscommunication, mismanagement, and what I believe was misrepresentation on the part of the staff and the owner. We received one towel each for the week, no toiletteries, and barely enough water pressure to have a decent shower. There were errors made on my final billing, and an additional unauthorized 50 euro charged to my credit card made prior to my arrival, neither itemized nor deducted from my bill, which I discovered when I got home. Based on this experience, I would carefully caution anyone considering staying at this accommodation. There are many other beautiful and less stressful. But if you travel toSan Baronto, make sure to drop by and have a lattee at the bar in town, It's wonderful.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2008

Guests are supposed to follow a lot of rules, which unfortunately don't apply to the owners, especially Patrick. Instead of being welcoming and helpful, he is rude and authoritarian, unacceptable for a host. Villas are not clean, outside furniture ugly and worn out, no pillows on lounges. Casale Cavalino offers something very unusual -- 2 in 1 special -- shower while peeing! One very small bathroom corner contains both a toilet and shower in one area. Pictures on the website of course don't show that! To swim in the pool, which closes at 7:30pm, you must wear a cap. "Very light breakfast" is less than light. Views are beautiful but accommodations and service especially could use some improvement.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank BuckinghamTraveler