“Great portuguese food with impeccable service”
Review of Adega do Albertino

Adega do Albertino
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This restaurant as other reviewers have mentioned is a little off the beaten track, but most worth the detour. It has kept its typical portuguese decor, and the service and food is above most in the region. The portions are extremely generous. As in most places they will serve you entrees to begin with ( don't be fooled you will be charged for them separately) unlike other places they serve so many different ones and generously, that you may want to rethink your main meal, or at least share. I had the lamb shank, which can be tricky, it was cooked to perfection! We asked for a special menu for the kids, they were very accommodating. Wine selection was good, Portuguese wines only. And then of course they bring you the liqeurs and little desserts at the end. Basically go with the follow follow the waiters suggestion and wait for food to come to you! Will most definitely go back and recommend.

1  Thank worldtravelerathart
There are newer reviews for Adega do Albertino

Reviewed June 26, 2013

If you love portuguese food (how could you not?) this is, along with Solar dos Amigos, the place to go when you're at the west. The service is so friendly and nice, and the food... Oh, the food is something else. Really large dosage (me and my parents couldn't finish a dose), tasty, well seasoned... We had a mix of "black pig" meat and pretty much all of the appetizers (peppers salad, octopus salad, alheira, farinheira, chouriço, the usual couvert...). The deserts are good, but not as good as the rest of the food (or maybe we were too full to enjoy it as much). At the end they'll bring several small bottles of very strong liquors and shot glasses, so you can try all the drinks. If you have, as most people, accompanied the meal with a good red wine, this will make sure you leave the restaurant in no state to be driving. All and all, a really nice, friendly service that serves amazing portuguese food.

1  Thank RitaNGomes
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Portuguese food with a twist!
If you fancy a change to the usual side orders of "chips, rice and salad" then this is for you, would seriously advise booking ahead to avoid dissapointment. Slightly dearer than the usual prices but you get what you pay for.

1  Thank businessinportugal
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had previously seen this restaurant reviewed on Trip Advisor and purposely made an effort to find it. Whilst hidden away It is well signposted from the main road through Imaginario, Caldas da Rainha. The food is typically Portuguese and cooked to the highest standard. We had the usual cheese, olives, fish paste and ham brought to the table as appetizers along with dishes of octapus, roasted peppers and gizzards (these were a new taste to us but were fantastic). We chose mixed meat of hog (black pig) to share and this was served wth new potato's and cabbage with beans, the potato and veg was a lovely change from the usual chips, rice & salad. This was then followed by desert, portuguese pastries, coffee brandy and a variety of shots were brought for us to sample all of this was washed down with their house red.....wow the food was excellent, the alcohol flowed and the service was attentive without being overbearing. At €58 this was more than a lot of places in Caldas but considering the quantities of food and drink that we consumed it was well worth the money.A definate must to try, I would recommend it to anyone and will certainly be going again myself.

3  Thank Jane136
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I am Portuguese, and I am one of those people that loves authentic Portuguese cuisine. I eat all the traditional dishes and I am very peculiar about them. I had cabrito(kid) and my girlfriend had octopus on the tile. It was superb!! Exquisite. Service is 5 stars!!! I will go back every time I can. You won't find better food and staff than in this place!!!! ;) enjoy your meal.

1  Thank Comilao