“Lovely restaurant but service slow”

Restaurante A Lareira
Cuisines: European, Diner, Portuguese, International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This restaurant is beautifully presented and has a really high class feel despite the very reasonable prices. It was however let down a bit by slow service even though it was not that busy. It took ages to get a drink and to take our food order. The food was good but what was delivered did not match what was stated on the menu, this would have been fine if we had been told when ordering but was a bit annoying. My daughters meal was supposed to come with fries and arrived with creamed pototoes which didn't please her very much especially when my other daughter's meal arrived with fries as expected!!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We always go to A Lareira each time we visit Portugal. The food is of a very high standard, really fantastic fish and steaks, served with perfectly cooked vegetables. The desserts are to die for!!! The room is large and lacks character. The service can sometimes be a little slow, but have a nice bottle of Portugese red, and you dont mind the wait! Make a reservation in the summer time especially at weekends.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We joined my Uncle and Aunt to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary at this lovely restaurant tucked away in Nadadouro, a short drive from Caldas Da Rainha. There were about 60 guests so we we allocated a private room next to the main dining room.

We started our afternoon with drinks and appetizers on their patio under the shade of umbrellas - all very pleasant. We then moved into the private room which was spartan in decoration, but the tables and chairs were comfortable.

The food was fabulous. Lovely fish, tasty beef and marvelous desserts. I can't tell you specifically what the dishes were because there was no menu, but it was all very good and my understanding from my aunt was that it was also fantastic value.

We were also entertained by a local singer who did great renditions of 50's and 60's songs including Elvis and Dean Martin hits. He was excellent and, as an attractive, talented man in his 40;s, was able to put a twinkle in the eye of many of the 60 and 70 year old ladies present!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

This restaurant is only about five minutes from where I live, and though I had heard a lot of good about it from friends , I went there for the first time the day before yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised
by the good service, friendly waiters and good food for a reasonable price. I will definetely go back .

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Me and my husband always go there every time we come to Portugal, it is our absolute favorite. The menu is always changing and there is always something new. My husbands favorite is brazilian Picanha and he insists it's the best he ever had. The fish is always fresh and fabulously cooked. The decoration is really nice and cozy. Definitely a place you need to check! Ah.. and another really important thing, they can speak English (not for granted in Portugal.. ). ;)

2  Thank Joana M