“Great country pub”

Lime Kiln Inn
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Langport
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Your hosts Andy & Mags welcome you to The Lime Kiln Inn, a traditional 17th century freehouse situated in the village of Knole in Somerset. You can expect a wealth of home cooked food and real ales in a pub full of character and charm. The Lime Kiln has been fully restored to its original glory with settles, antique furniture and old pictures of local village scenes and includes a large dining room and an impressive inglenook fireplace.
Somerton, United Kingdom
“Great country pub”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Have visited Lime Kiln a few times and food is very good and a great choice. On a personal level I require gluten free food which Lime kiln cater for well however I feel they could present this better on menu boards as they do with vegetarian dishes - afterall vegetarian is generally a choice not an allergy! although I did not have a dessert or enquire none looked to be gluten free, however a good choice for others.

Overall - great food, good choice, and fantastic they promote gluten content, however this could be improved.

• Visited March 2013

Shepton Mallet, United Kingdom
“very nice pub food”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Great pub grub, large dining room with chalk board menu and what a brillant menu it is, bonus if you have kids or fussy eaters then they will reduce the meal size. took 1 point from them for desserts as it states ''Fresh desserts are sourced locally'' when asked staff informed they come from Exeter but he said they look home made, this is the only let down I don't class Exeter as local,

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank jenny m
London, United Kingdom
“Went again, and loved it.”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We made another trip down to the west coast (my brother wedding). We decided to stop at the Lime Kiln Inn once again. Once again we had a great meal, just what you want from a country pub.
We will be down again soon, and will be popping in again. Actually with my brother living in Devon,this will be a regular stop off, and I've recommended it to all the family.

• Visited March 2013
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,158 helpful votes
“A steak n kidney pie to die for.”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed at the applebarn in nearby little upton last august and was told about this place which is about a 5 minute drive from where we were.The place at first glance looked stunning with a huge carpark.When entering we were shown to our table and had our drinks order taken.The food arrived and i could not believe how much of it there was.The pie was clearly homecooked and so tasty but not enough of it!The veg was plentiful and as for the ales there was an ample choice too.A must if you are in this neck of the woods.

• Visited August 2012
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
“Family fun”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My sister & husband were over from Canada & we went to met up with my cousin & his wife from Martock . It was a Monday but still quite a few people there . It was a very cold day but the Inn was warm & welcoming . THe food was excellent & a really good time was had by all.Yes I am going back & I'll be telling my friends it's worth the visit

• Visited February 2013