Summary: Not recommendable; incompetent & inflexible staff; poor breakfast quality; dark rooms, but close to beach and quiet. During off season very cheap (doubkle room, single occupancy April 2013 EUR 49).
Horse Country Resort is large complex of several larger buildings and a group of about 30 - 50 bungalows. It is the right place for families with kids, especially girls, who are eager to do horse riding. In the season it will not be a quiet place. Restaurants and bars are huge. The location is directly at the beach, there is no noise of any busy road. In the neigborhood you find mainly farms and a few other touristic establishments (approx. 1 km away).
I was on a business trip during the low season (end of April). The hotel was nearly empty. Only the main building was open. Furniture / bed / bath room have basic level, nothing fancy: bed, chair, very small table; floors are without carpets, which is positive. Nearly all rooms have a balcony, but only half of the balconies have an acceptable view. The others face just the wall of a building in 2 - 5 meters. Windows are small, i.e. even on the top level (2nd floor) the rooms are dark. The breakfast in the morning was offered in the very big restaurants (approx. 200 possible seats), where you could imagine a conference but not a cosy, nice breakfast area. The offered selection was low class: the typical Italian varieties of plastic packed items of cookies, factory-made bread, yoghurt, mass-market cheese and ham; the coffee was just a Nescafe-like machine, nothing encouraging; no offer of capuchino or espresso freshly made (as in most Italian hotels).
When checking in, I did not realize the poor quality of rooms and food. I asked for a change of my dark room (the hotel was nearly empty), which was impossible. The staff was very inflexible.
The area around the hotel is perfect for bicycling: very low traffic, partly asphalted, partly gravel roads. I asked for support to rend a bicycle. Obviously the staff had never thought about bicycling and was not knowledgeable. Jooging: Nice trails around the hotel (not marked).
Alternatives: If you want to stay in this area of Sardinia try Cabras (varacation/business) or the traditional hotels of Oristano (business).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Horse Country Resort rises on the west coast of Sardinia, immersed in a secular pinewood directly on the beach. The beaches next to our resort are still wild and uncontaminated, like the ecosystems populated by pink flamingos and rare species. This part of the Island remains still widely unknown and therefore still to discover... What better way then doing it horse riding?Horse Country Resort, offers to its guests the possibility to stay in 315 rooms in 3 different four star hotels and 58 cottages situated a short distance from the beach and in a luxuriant pinewood. The rooms of our Hotels, furnished in design and/or traditional Sardinian style, are equipped with private bathroom, hairdryer, direct telephone, cable TV and/or Sat TV, safe box, air-conditioning, minibar.EQUESTRIAN CENTREHave an horse riding holiday at Horse Country Resort. The Equestrian Centre is one of the biggest horse riding centre in Europe, including two riding arenas: one grass outdoor and the "Palacavallo", the indoor arena usable all the year around and capable of accomodating up to 1200 spectators all ready to applaud the exciting performances of the experienced riders!As well as, there are two sand warm up arenas for the English riding and the Western riding. The Equestrian Centre allows to do several equestrian activities all with the assistance of qualified instructors to taste the emotion of a original an unforgettable horse riding holiday in Sardinia.WELLNESS CENTER POSEIDONYA SPAThe Wellness Center Poseidonya SPA is adjacent to Horse Country Resort, it is furnished with three pools tubs for the Thalassotherapy treatments, hamman, bio-sauna, relax area and elegant cabins with the most modern equipments for massages. Wellness center Poseidonya SPA: more than 700 square meters entirely dedicated to relax and wellness. The Wellness Center in Sardinia Poseidonya SPA rises 250 meters from the sea to benefit from healthy marine waters of the Oristano gulf. Our Wellness Center takes inspiration for the treatments from the "Poseidonia", plant that is still growing spontaneously in the neighbouring areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Horse Country Resort, Congress and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horse Country Resort, Congress Hotel Arborea
- Horse Country Hotel Congress
- Horse Country Resort, Congress And Spa Sardinia/Arborea