All reviews video calls nice hotel cable tv iron and ironing board bad homburg continental breakfast free wifi movenpick frankfurt gym germany seminar
Selected filters
Reviewed October 1, 2018

You might also check out any reviews for the Movenpic Oberursel, as it's the same place and just recently was acquired by the Rilano chain. Looks newly renovated, with ample tile bath and shower. Bed comfortable; looks like Ikea style self assembly furnishings. Two hard bottom chairs, one at a round table and the other at a small desk. Cable TV with about a dozen channels in English; free WiFi with a strong signal; very friendly and capable staff. There is a safe in the room, but not large enough for your laptop or tablet. No fitness facilities. Nice bar with a pool table.

I thought, at 91 euros, it was expensive for the offering. It's in an industrial/office area, but within 5 km of Bad Homburg, and about 15 from Frankfurt Mitte. S-Bahn nearby. There is a parking garage at 12 euros per night with in-and-out. Breakfast buffet is a whopping 23 euros!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank paultS1550EC
Rilanohotels, Front Office at The Rilano Hotel Frankfurt Oberursel, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2018

Dear Paul,

thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and your experiences with other guests. We are glad to read that you liked a lot in our Hotel and enjoyed your stay here in Oberusel.
We are looking forward to see you again any time you are travelling around the Frankfurt area.

Best regards

Your The RIlano Hotel Frankfurt Oberursel Team

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Was very near my office, so obvious choice for me.
Breakfast was OK, though not included so expensive (more than 20 eu).
Staff was very pleasant. I asked for iron and ironing board and got it on 2 min.
My window faced a pond with loud frogs but I just closed it and it was fine.
Room was very clean.
It was quite hot and ac could have worked better..
All in all, just fine.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Rilanohotels, Front Office at The Rilano Hotel Frankfurt Oberursel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2018

Dear Guest,

thank you for the review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Kind regards

Your " The Rilano Hotel Frankfurt Oberursel" Team

Reviewed June 4, 2018

Spending some time in the Rilano, which is under new management. Not everything is running smooth, however, the passion of the team is great and makes your stay a pleasant experience., The old city of Oberursel with a small shopping street and spectacular old houses is close and waiting for you. Will come back!

Date of stay: March 2018
Rilanohotels, Front Office Agent at The Rilano Hotel Frankfurt Oberursel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2018

Dear Guest,

thank you for staying with us und for reviewing us. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your time in Oberursel.
See you next time here in our hotel.

Your " The Rilano Hotel Frankfurt Oberursel" Team

Reviewed May 3, 2018

This hotel looks impressive from the outside, and as you walk in, you can see some history that it was once a higher class hotel. Overall though I got the feeling the hotel was just average. Nothing declared itself as being especially great, but not much really bad either. Just plain. Something surprising was the small kitchenette in the room - great if you're staying for longer trips and don't want to eat out all the time. Very friendly staff at all contact points. I'd suggest the pillows really need a rethink. Wifi in my room was dreadful - very weak signals making it near impossible to do any streaming or video calls. Restaurant was spacious and food good although a little overpriced, continental breakfast fine. I'm also not a fan of shared, half filled soap and shampoo bottles in the bathroom. Not a hotel I would necessarily avoid - I'm sure I'll come back to the hotel at some point if my work leads me here, but not a hotel that is particularly memorable.With the new management coming in recently, I hope they put some attention to detail to make the visit unique.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Rilanohotels, Guest Relation at The Rilano Hotel Frankfurt Oberursel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2018

Dear guest,

thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for staying with us.
We are sorry that you made all those experiences at our Hotel.
The Rilano Group has already planned the refurbishment of the guestrooms and the lobby. It will takes place this year.
We would be glad if we can regain your trust and see you again next time your are travelling around the Frankfurt area.
Have a good time and best regards
Your The Rilano Hotel Frankfurt Oberursel Team

Reviewed April 11, 2018 via mobile

This hotel has changed the management lately. It used to be a Mövenpick and it's now Rilano. Unfortunately I have to stay many times in this hotel for business and I don't like it. The hotel is the same after the change: old rooms and overrated. It needs an urgent refurbishment because currently the quality- price relation is very low.

The pilows are very bad and I can't sleep because of this issue. I had to use the pillow menu always when It was Mövenpick but now now the pillows are the same an they don't offer the possibility to change it, so I've been three days without sleeping.

More bad news: the strong of Mövenpick was the restaurant, but currently the food is not tasty and it's more expensive, so don't trust in the opinions which said that the restaurant was very good if they were until last year, because that's no longer existing :-(

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Turismina
Rilanohotels, Front Office Agent at The Rilano Hotel Frankfurt Oberursel, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2018

Dear guest,,

thank you for staying at our Hotel and taking the time for rating us. We are very sorry that you have had unpleasant experiences in our Restaurant and Hotel.
The refurbishment of the guestrooms and the lobby will take place this year. We would be glad if we can regain your trust and welcome you again here in Oberursel. Please contact the reception desk for help to change the pillows during your next stay. We still offer a variaty of them.

Until then, we wish you all the best.
Regards