“The beds are awful!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fleurus
Nowy Sacz, Poland
“The beds are awful!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This is an old Etap hotel, with a new name but very little else done - our shower room door had the paint peeling off, and the while place needs a deep clean/redecoration. The beds carry over from Etap, so they consist of a pad on a sheet of chipboard, so they're not at all comfortable. The room size is OK, and the coffee shop/breakfast room was fine. The guy on reception when we arrived could not have been more helpful - he lifts the score from terrible to just poor!
Outside there is a 24 hour pizza machine, which spits out uncooked and pretty awful pizzas (choice of two flavours). Reception microwaved it for us - it's supposed to emerge baked from the machine, but I suspect it lost the will to live!
There are currently works on a bridge close to the hotel, so TomTom sent us into a no through road - but the hotel was easy enough to find when we headed direct to the airport. Good size car park, free of charge, and gated.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere if you value your sleep
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank johnb121
degives_veronique, Directeur général at Ibis Budget Charleroi Aeroport, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Budget Charleroi Airport. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

However, concerning your complaint on the beds, we will receive new beds in the next months for a greater confort.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times, I like it as it is a convenient stopover before early-morning or after late-night flights from/to Charleroi Airport. The rooms are clean and good value for money, the only problem with the hotel is that it can only be accessed by car (taxi). There used to be a free shuttle service to and from the hotel, it would be very good if that could be reintroduced.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
degives_veronique, Directeur général at Ibis Budget Charleroi Aeroport, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Budget Charleroi Airport. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Concerning the free transfer to airport, this service unfortunately ended early this year. However we found the cheapest solution for our customers (8 euro by taxi instead 20).

Veronique Degives
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed here on the way back from the F1 as we were flying early Monday morning and we didn't arrive until 9pm. Plus points : secure parking, close to airport, cheap and cheerful, helpful friendly staff, food and drink vending machines, free wi-fi, down sides : completely in the middle of no where, breakfast is a total rip off. If your looking for some where close to the airport for one night with secure parking then this is the place for you but I probably wouldn't stay here for any longer than one night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank follybooth
degives_veronique, Directeur général at Ibis Budget Charleroi Aeroport, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Madam,

Tarragona, Spain
Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

At the info desk at the airport, someone told me taht the hotel was not in walking distance, but that they have a shuttle service. I called to the hotel reception and they told me that ther was a taxi service (I had to wait at gate 2), and that the cost was 4€. When I arrived to the hotel (after a 3 minute ride), the taxi driver charged 8€... Saying that it was 4€ per person when there are 2 travellers.... We walked in the hotel... And the receptionist (probabbly the gut I talked to 5 minutes ago) confirmed the taxi driver version....Not a big problem.... But definitively not a nice way to start!

The hotel is in the middle of nowhere. You just cannot walk anywhere. There are some vending machines that I will dare to try later (I will edit my review if that is remarkably good... Or bad). I was expecting... At least.... Finding the Ibis close!

There is free WIFI (in some others Etaps I have stayed at you have to pay for the wifi)...

But the room needs to be refurbished.... It was smelling to cheap deodorant... And walls were full of stains.... Shower was surprisingly not in good shape.

I will avoid next time. I would rather travel to charleroi and spend the night somewhere else.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Jairovich
degives_veronique, Directeur général at Ibis Budget Charleroi Aeroport, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Dear Sir,

At Ibis Budget, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

However, concerning your complaint on transfer from airport, the shuttle service is not available since 3 months and the airport info desk knows this information. After that, I am really sorry about the misunderstanding concerning the price for the taxi. The transfer cost 8 euro and the receptionnist wanted to say 4 euro by person.

Manager

Travelers are raving about these Fleurus hotels

Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Very nice staff. Close to the airport, but not walking distance, you must get a special taxi to this hotel, as the regular taxi drivers will not help you. There are vending machines...even a pizza vending machine outside...which can take care of your drink and snack wants. No problems, nothing fancy, no frills..

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank gasngo135
degives_veronique, Directeur général at Ibis Budget Charleroi Aeroport, responded to this review, June 14, 2012

Veronique Degives
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fleurus
Charleroi Airport Hotel
Ibis Charleroi Airport
Ibis Charleroi Airport
#2 of 2 in Fleurus
Leonardo Hotel Charleroi City Center

Been to Ibis Budget Charleroi Aeroport? Share your experiences!