“Excellent value for money”

Ibis Budget Charleroi Aeroport
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fleurus
Goteborg, Sweden
“Excellent value for money”
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Cheap and clean. Free shuttle to and from the airport that runs on a schedule. From the airport the shuttle leaves from the first door (departures), When we arrived in the evening it was running every half hour. Since we wanted dinner and the restaurant was closing within a half hour, we took a taxi that charged us 20 euros for 1,5 km. Pretty expensive but we can understand that the taxi driver wanted a bit extra for leaving the long taxi line for such a short trip. The restaurant, Il Truletto, is the only one in the vincinity of the hotel and that is a 15-20 minutes walk away. So that is definitely the downside of the hotel, that the dining options are slim. The breakfast was good even if the breakfast room is very basic.The shuttle left every 20 minutes in the morning, but you have to reserve when you check in.The last morning shuttle (at 10.00) was already full so we had to take one earlier. We think that the value for money was very good.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Collberg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 20, 2011

My only complaint is that I booked on-line and gave credit card details assuming I was paying on-line only to be told at the reception that the card details are only to reserve the room and I still had to pay. Fair enough I thought, but their chip and pin reader rejected the card I used on-line and a second card. Just luck that I had good old cash on me. Upon checking with my card providers there was no problem with my cards so their machine must have been faulty.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed September 28, 2011

This hotel is located about 2 km from Charleroi Airport and it is the closest option if you arrived to Charleroi in the evening and have to spend a night waiting for the next connection or planning to go to Bruges or Antwerp. There is a hotel shuttle bus going every 20-30 minute from the airport (this service is not available on weekends). The hotel itself provides good, Etap hotels standards. Rooms are not very big, but 3 people can sleep quite comfortably. There is opportunity of having a breakfast for 7 EUR.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
AhmedBouchti, Directeur général at Ibis Budget Charleroi Aeroport, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Dear Sir,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Etap Charleroi. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Ahmed Bouchti
Kuwait City
Reviewed September 9, 2011

We stayed in the Etap for 1 night after a late arrival at Charleroi Airport and were perfectly satisfied with the experience.

The hotel runs a bus to/from the airport regularly until around midnight and so we arrived at the hotel in fairly good order. Check in was fast and efficient and the rooms were basic but acceptable - we had the 3 person rooms, which are a double bed with a single bunk bed above them. The bunk beds were unmade when we arrived which was not ideal at getting on for midnight with 4 kids, but the rooms were clean, the showers were hot and everything more-or-less worked (although the automatic door closer on our room was broken).

Don't expect room service, a great selection of TV channels or other amenities in or around the hotel - there are some vending machines and the hotel does a fairly decent continental breakfast, but this is basically a transit hotel - you stay when you come into the airport too late to go anywhere else or need to leave early.

One note of caution - if you need to get to the airport from the hotel make sure to book a place on the bus the night before (or when you check in). Not booking means that you may have to wait for quite a while and the airport is not readily accessible by foot (either a long walk along roads that often do not have pavements or some difficult (and probably frowned upon if caught) fence-jumping would be required).

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
AhmedBouchti, Directeur général at Ibis Budget Charleroi Aeroport, responded to this review, September 11, 2011
Dear Mister,
Let me first of all thank you for the time you took to complete our feedback form.
The opinion of our guests is very important to us and helps us to provide a better service towards our guests in the future.
We are very happy that you appreciated the service provided by our team and we are sure that our comments will contribute on their motivation.
We stay at your disposal for more information and we are looking forward to welcome you on your next stay in Etap Charleroi Airport
With kind regards,
Bouchti Ahmed
G.Manager
Donegal Town, Ireland
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights, was planning on just staying 1 night as I was due to fly out the next day but as there was problems with my flight I had to stay a second night, which I didn't mind.
I checked in on a thursday night at 2.30am with no reservation, found the reception staff to be friendly and helpful. I stayed in a room on the ground floor the first night and on the second night I was on the 2nd floor, which I was happy to find out is a smoking floor...
The rooms are clean tidy and the beds are very comfortable.
The only problem I have about staying here is its far from the town but close to the airport so it kind of balances out.
I woulld highly recomend this hotel for anyone wanting a hotel close to the airport, and I would stay here again.
A very happy guest...

Room Tip: As a smoker, I was happy that the 2nd floor is a smoking floor...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
AhmedBouchti, Directeur général at Ibis Budget Charleroi Aeroport, responded to this review, September 1, 2011
Dear Sir,

Ahmed Bouchti
Lille, France
Reviewed August 8, 2011

The only reason to go there is because You have à very early flight the next day and that's it.
If You are in this case, You will be travelling with à low cost airline from Brussels charleroi, so if You want à basic, no-fuss hotel with à free shuttle service to the airport for about 50€ à night, this is à pretty decent option.
Nothing mindblowing, but it does the trick.
If You are travelling by train to charleroi, You can catch à bus to the airport at the train station and then take the free shuttle from the airport to the hotel.

• Stayed July 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fleurus
Charleroi Airport Hotel
Hotel South
Hotel South
#2 of 9 in Charleroi
Ibis Charleroi Centre Gare

Been to Ibis Budget Charleroi Aeroport? Share your experiences!