“little gem”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Recommended to go here by head water holidays ...We were not disappointed,the food was exceptional and the staff lovely..
Fresh anchovies to start,dressed in what looked like jewels,What a work of art on a plate and tasted amazing.
I had fresh tuna as my main,which was absolutely beautifully cooked and presented
My pud was probably the best chocolate pudding i have ever tasted,worth every penny, it is not cheap but an experience you must have when in Palamos if you love food and a cosy fine dinning experience.(something special)
We visited on the 17th Sept and wanted to go back on our second and last night in Palamos but they close on a Wednesday
Thank you to the staff and chef .especially the lovely French girl married to the chef...first class in every way.

3  Thank Sharonx855

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We went at La Menta at the beginning of our trip in Palamos this summer. We ended up eating three times at this gem of a restaurant during our two week stay. The food is really, really good. Loved the gambas three ways and the gambas a la plancha. My friends delected themselves with the filet mignon (they had it twice). The restaurant is owned by a very creative chef, a Catalan, and his French wife, Agathe, our hostess. Agathe was very knowlegeable about her menu and the wines she recommended. She and her staff were aslo very welcoming. I strongly recommend it. I only wish people were not allowed to smoke at the table. Even on the terrace, the smoke coming from adjoining tables can be annoying.

3  Thank Celine899
Reviewed July 22, 2013

As a matter of fact, I think this is the first time I have given such a low review of a restaurant. The food that night was simply strange. The gazpacho was bitter as was the 500 Euro per kilo (or so) canalonis were also bitter. Perhaps the chef didn't understand that you can't put fresh basil in because it makes the food bitter? (The calamaris, I have to say were very good), but nothing could be more bitter than the manager who, after asking me to tell her why I had problems with the service - which was borderline comical - started to tell me off. I was stunned. Well not that stunned since her snobby remarks started with "Well, in France, we have an expression..." that's as far as she got before we stood up and walked out. One good waiter, but the rest I guess family. Fine, if you're running an inexpensive family restaurant. I would have preferred to give my EUR120 to a better cause - like a book on etiquett for the staff. It's the second time I experience their indignancy and very uneaven cooking. Try La Selvatana 10 steps away. MUCH better everything. This place has a very attractive atmosphere, which, along with the exhorbitant prices (for Palamós) has tainted the opinions of the comments you read below. This restaurant is WAY over priced and has easily the worst staff in Palamós. Awful.

6  Thank stellarartist
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Charming service and expertly prepared dishes. My sweetheart and I had lunch one afternoon and returned with my family the next. Both times we ordered the tuna tartare. You should, too. The local gambas may be even better. The wine list is more extensive than other restaurants in Palamos and quite a bit more expensive. Excellent desserts and dessert wines. The owners are from Toulouse; the young wife manages the house with flair.

2  Thank Investment Adviser
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

We shared a beautiful tonyina €20 for starters after a first class complementary tomato soup. The tuna had been marinated on lime and quickly seared. It was magnificent served with cherry tomato and horseradish sauce. Small in quantity but taste to be proud of. Followed that with perfectly fresh gambas de palamos. The peach Melba dessert was especially nice. Bread, coffes, and bottle of house wine €11 came to total of €75.
Felt it was a quality meal served by friendly people with a bit of atmosphere. Would return.

1  Thank Dommags