“Best meal in Bahia”

Puerto Amistad
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner
Description: We are located on the Malecon just at the base of the bridge. Just look for the sailboats.
Reviewed March 3, 2014

It was a relief to find Puerto Amistad for dinner on our 3rd evening in Bahia. Good service, great food, and a delicious salad as an appetizer. We ordered bbq ribs, grilled "lomo", chicken soup, grilled fish and grilled prawns. Everything was excellent but the lomo was superb. We were relieved to find this place although a little pricier than other restaurants in the area.

There are newer reviews for Puerto Amistad

Reviewed January 22, 2014

This may be the "fanciest" place in town; it was certainly the most expensive. Lovely and well kept setting with a view of the Chone River. The two times we ate here, most of the patrons seemed to be foreigners. The meat dishes were excellent, particularly the ribs and wings. However, to be blunt, the fish was awful - a bizarre surprise for a coastal restaurant. Simply put, the fish was NOT fresh; once perhaps frozen and once bordering on spoiled (one of our party who is a fisherman actually spat it out!). Service was good. In short, stick to the meat and you should be fine.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Great spot to hang, have a drink, enjoy a nice meal and gaze out at the boats on moorings. Prices are a bit higher than other places in town but worth it.

Highly recommend it if you are in the area.

Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Being from the South in the USA, I knew I was in the right place when I walked in & saw a big "Sweet Home Alabama" sign - my home state. If you're not looking for a great ocean view with sailboats, excellent food & service, with a view of the longest bridge in Ecuador, this is not the place for you. My husband & I went there every early evening to sit back & relax with a glass (or two) of wine to discuss that days adventure before having dinner there. It is a great place to meet people. The Friday night before we left on Saturday, they had this one man band that played great salsa music so my husband & I got to dance. It is not the cheapest place to eat in Bahia but the pricing is very reasonable. You won't regret it!!

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We had spent the morning exploring the coast and stopped on the recommendation of a new acquaintance. The food was good and relatively affordable. Another milkshake that was easily drank through the straw. They don't make them thick enough in Ecuador, but I'm going to keep trying them.