“Great people, excellent food!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Zum Weissen Stein

and 1 more site!
Hotel Zum Weissen Stein
Saltford
“Great people, excellent food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

We have just returned from another week at this hotel. As usual, the staff are all very friendly and accommodating. Linda's food is amazing and nothing is too much bother for Thomas who is an excellent host. Great room and a lovely setting. We ate all meals outside on the terrace overlooking the mountains!
We're already planning our next trip.

John and Wendy Sweet

Room Tip: The penthouse suite is lovely.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
Llanfyllin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Thomas and his family made us feel right at home while we stayed in 'hotel Zum Weissenstein'. The accommodation was amazing, the rooms were very nice and looked after. The bedroom had a flat screen television in it, and the bathroom was very nice. The food was great, a buffet breakfast with a selection of cereals, bread, and cheese and meats. For lunch they supply you with a packed lunch consisting of a ham, cheese and salami roll (They are very nice!), a chocolate bar, and a drink carton. You are aloud to take more than one if you require it! The dinner was a 3 course meal consisting of a soup to start, a lovely main (although you don't get many vegetables), and dessert. It was very nice. Drinks are served at the bar for 2 euros each, and you can also buy chocolate, crisps, and nuts. It is in a lovely area, ski lifts are only a five minute walk away, and the town of St.Michael is also only a 5 minute walk away. In St.Michael there is a spar, various souvenir shops, pubs, restaurants etc, everything you could need. It is also a very nice, clean, and safe town. I don't think I saw a single piece of litter in my weeks stay there! I loved this holiday, the best holiday I have ever been on, and I didn't want to leave! I will miss Thomas and his family because they are lovely people and just want to make your stay the best they can. I have never felt so at home, away from home! Overall I would rate this hotel 10/10 and definitely reccomend it to anyone wishing to stay in Austria.

Room Tip: Room 14 has an especially nice bathroom, it has heated floors and a lovely shower! Room 17 is the bi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

Truly a family run hotel which is comfortable, clean and well run. Thomas was brilliant. He and his family made us feel welcome and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It is the only trip where no-one could find anything to complain about!! Our vegetarians also enjoyed their meals, and nothing was too much trouble We loved everything, including the suggested apres ski activities. Everything ran smoothly; efficient boot and ski hire, friendly and very helpful ski school with instructors who cared about our students etc. St Michael and the surrounding area would be great for summer holidays, and I hope to return. This is the only review I have ever written.

2 Thank bpetty
Stornoway, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

This was my first time on holiday in Austria and it will definitely not be my last! I was really impressed with how clean the local area of Sankt Michael was, I don't think I saw a single piece of litter.

The hotel was excellent, My room had a double bed and a single bed, a heated bathroom floor and a shower that was worth going to the hotel for. Despite this, it was the hotel staff that made my stay so special, they were possible the nicest and most helpful people I have ever met. They all went out of their way to make sure I was getting the best out of my stay.

The location of the hotel was also excellent, with breath taking views as soon as you stepped outside. The ski lift was only a short walk down the road, maybe 2 or 3 minutes, but I would advise to carry your ski boots with you and put them on at the bottom of the lift, as a short walk could turn into days wearing them things.

Overall my stay was superb, I could not have been more gutted when I realised my week was over, I am already planning on staying again I would recommend Hotel Zum Weissen Stein to anybody who is looking for and exciting, adventurous holiday in a warm, friendly hotel.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Th0mas_H535
Stornoway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

Fantastic Hotel situated in the village of St. Michael only a few hundred metres from the Gondola that takes you up on to the slopes. The family run hotel is excellent quality with top service. Nothing is ever too much for the owners. The quality of the food was great for the party I was involved in and the majority of the food is sourced locally which was a real plus. I would recommend a stay at this hotel in the winter or summer as it is in a great location for so many activities with great views of the surrounding countryside. I would hope to go back in the future.

Room Tip: Excellent large rooms to the front with balconies
1 Thank Neil R
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

This is an amazing hotel run by real professional hoteliers. Everything about my experiences staying here was better than perfect.
The location is the best in the town with great views (150 meters to ski lift for you skiers in winter).
Plenty of car parking space. There were a couple of motorcycles also so must be popular with bikers!
Food is all home made and cooked deliciously freshly each meal period. Breakfasts are fantastic, all cooked to order which is rare nowadays!
Rooms were all larger than normal and very very comfortable and light.
Will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a view.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends