We travelled with 2 children 14 and 11. We were slightly apprehensive prior to the trip as the accommodation did not look great on the Club Med site. We also had a lot of difficulty trying to book with Club Med in the UK. Very unhelpful and unfriendly.
On arrival we were delighted with the accommodation. Beds were good and the apartment was very nice. There is no free internet access and it is expensive to purchase. Even with that it was difficult to get internet access except at the reception. Really not acceptable in this day and age!
The overall experience was very good. We all enjoyed the holiday and thought that the staff were exceptional. The food was good but they did not cater for vegetarians. Except for the cheese there was no vegetarian options that provided a balanced meal.
We had a great time doing all the activities and the pool is amazing....
The down side was that although we went mid July there were no people of the children's age that spoke English and so we ended up having to go with them everywhere!! The fourteen year old met no one and the 11 year old met 1 person halfway through the week. All the clubs are orientated towards French speaking children.
The other thing that was really annoying was that it was hard to know what was going on. We were basically handed a piece of paper and let loose. On the Sunday night there is a meeting but only for the French speaking holiday makers. We were divided off and then after a short, very short, talk left to our own devises.
Simple things like the schedule of events is on the TV each day. Classified information!!!!
To book the sailing for the next day you have to go to reception at 9pm. However when we did go, we were given a time of 6-7pm as being the only time left. This was after being third in the queue.... How did the others get in before us!!! This happened a number of times. Also the wind surfing -you can book at the 9pm time or , if you are in the know, if you go to the wind surfing school, you can book after 2pm for the next day.
I think you just had to be French to understand!!!
This is a holiday resort for French people. The staff do their best and we thought they were trained to a very high standards, I think if you expect your children to meet others and mix maybe teach them French before you go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine a unique 26 hectare site in Charente-Maritime, a paradise for nature and water sports enthusiasts. This Club Med Village of bungalows was inspired by oystermens' cabins with decor selected to blend seamlessly with its natural setting, achieved with an interplay of lively colours and natural materials. Located in a revitalizing conservation environment featuring 30 km of beaches, 65 km of cycle tracks and 8000 hectares of forest, this is the ideal place to come. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med La Palmyre Atlantique reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med La Palmyre Atlantique Hotel La Palmyre-Les Mathes
- Club Med La Palmyre-Les Mathes
- La Palmyre-Les Mathes Club Med
- La Palmyre Atlantique Club Med