“Very helpful staff”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in St. Asaph
Kent UK
“Very helpful staff”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We had a two night stay at this conveniently located hotel whilst visiting our daughter. Good for visiting nearby Colwyn Bay and Llandudno. Very clean and a lovely room. I was worried it might be noisy as very near the expressway but we couldn't hear the traffic. The manager couldn't have been more helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank NickyJMW

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Hotel is right on a roundabout on the A55 at St Asaph, so a good base for the centre of North Wales. Room was very modern and bed and pillows was very comfortable. (Extra spare pillows in room) There was very little road noise even with the window open. Tea/coffee and a good quality hair dryer in the room. It's part of the Marstons chain so meals are in the pub restaurant. I was leaving before breakfast was open so manager showed me a staff room upstairs with a fridge and arranged to leave a breakfast there for me to help myself to early in the morning.

• Stayed February 2014
Bury, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Called in initially for a drink, but after a look at the menu decided to have a meal. This is a pub chain sort of place, and consequently does not have much individuality, but it was clean, the menu was extensive, and the food, when it arrived, was quite satisfactory, although not exactly exciting. The main problem was that the service was very slow - not enough people in the kitchen perhaps? There seemed to be a reasonable number of servers, and they were all very polite and well turned-out, but things did seem slightly disorganised, as if no one was in charge.

I can't say I disliked the place. It's (very) handy for the A55, and if you just want a simple meal to keep you going for a few hours, it does its job. I just wouldn't want to be be desperately hungry or anxious to be off.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Called in for Sunday lunch my husband and son had the Beef dinner I had Turkey
All was very well cooked service was very good we did not have to wait long for drinks
Or dinners . Tables not too close together very spacious in dining area and comfortable
Seating

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Cledwen S
Fishburn, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Second time I have stayed here. First time it had recently re-opened after a complete refit and the room I had was huge and very comfortable. This time the room was really tiny but still reasonably comfortable. Did not eat here as the menu is not that great (family style carvery food which is fine if you like that sort of thing). Not bad but not brialliant either.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Wales
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Just returned from a lovely evening at the Talardy. I was aware of the mixed reviews, but like to try places for myself. The food was, in my opinion, above average for this kind of establishment.

Most of all I would like to say thank you to the staff, who were very pleasant. I would especially like to mention a waitress by the name of Lynette, who was effortlessly pleasant, polite and efficient, and in all honesty the staff are the main reason that I will be returning. They helped to make a very relaxed and comfortable environment.

So would I recommend, yes I would.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We were trying to find somewhere to eat, tired after a long day at the Eisteddfod. Stopped and asked 2 women on the street and they recommended the Talardy. From the moment we walked through the door we were made to feel very welcome. Cheerful and attentive staff and the food was not posh but very tasty indeed. My 13 year old daughter loved the ribs so much that she declared them 'best ever' and said that if the Talardy were nearer to our home (in Swansea) it would be her favorite place to eat out. High praise indeed! We would definitely call in again if we were passing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
#2 of 3 in Prestatyn
Westminster Hotel
Westminster Hotel
#5 of 5 in Rhyl

Been to Talardy Hotel? Share your experiences!