“Perfect escape from civilization”

Hotel & Restaurant Lunia
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oldeberkoop
Sao Paulo, SP
“Perfect escape from civilization”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Very quiet place, excellent and kind staff, good restaurant and has free internet in the room.The room lighting could be bit clear and the breakfast could have more options. You can rent a bike for touring the region.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Wassenaar, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Lunia in July of this year. I booked it, without knowing anything about it, because it was near where I wanted to be. The surrounding countryside is pretty enough and I think it's a good area for cycling tours.

I arrived late, close to 9pm. There were still a fair amount of guests dining outside, but the kitchen said it was too late for me to order. They did fix me a cheese platter which was fine.

The room was modern, clean, roomy, and stark. By stark I don't just mean the design, I mean things missing: no hair dryer, no tissues, no pen or paper, no phone!!! When I wanted to call reception, I had to use my mobile phone. I could not access the internet even after several tries. I did have a very big balcony which overlooked a garden.

I think the part of the hotel I was staying in was fairly new. It was quiet, even though my room was near the stairs (there is no elevator). The restaurant and original hotel are located in the main, older building. The website makes these hotel rooms sound rather special, but I didn't see them.

I think the only reason to stay here again would be (1) the location or (2) if one was dining at the restaurant and didn't want to drive after. I suggest reading reviews of the restaurant to see if it's worth it.

Room Tip: If you've got heavy luggage, I'd ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Den haag
Reviewed September 30, 2011

The hotel is really beautiful. In a new wing they have great rooms, very comfortable. Excellent food, nice service

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Drammen, Norway
Reviewed June 30, 2011

Stayed at hotell last weekend, friendly stuff,nice new rooms, breakfast and dinner was very good. Each night the stuff was waiting to all guests has come back to hotell.
I have stayed at about 150 hotells from one to 5 star and this is between top 10.

It`s about 20 min to Assen centrum.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Alem1111
London, UK
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Stayed at Hotel Lunia for the Assen MotoGP weekend. A friend and I had rooms in the extension bit which by the looks of it was finished about a week ago (still work to be done outside - landscaped garden etc). Large rooms with nice details (large flat-screen TV, stylish bathroom, wide glass-fronted balcony). The old country house part has a lot of charm and the whole place I'm sure will be amazing in nice weather (which we did not have). Decent breakfast, too. Takes about half an hour to get to the TT circuit - a bit far if you want to party all weekend, but ideal if you like it more quiet in the evening. Think I will come back next year.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Travelling_Gooner
oldeberkoop
Reviewed September 1, 2009

We stayed in the lovely hotel Lunia. We had a theme room; very romantic.. The staff in the restaurant were very nice and the food was very good. Nice weekend!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kimlinse
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oldeberkoop
Golden Tulip Tjaarda Oranjewoud
#2 of 3 in Giethoorn
Hotel de Harmonie
Hotel de Harmonie
#1 of 3 in Giethoorn

Been to Hotel & Restaurant Lunia? Share your experiences!