“A True Artist with Fine, Fine Maijolica”
Review of Maioliche Pia

Maioliche Pia
Ranked #5 of 26 Shopping in Deruta
More attraction details
Owner description: Maioliche pia , Original Deruta Ceramics , realities dreamed for the house! Exclusive Pottery all painted by hand
Reviewed March 14, 2014

It looks like we are not the only ones who admire Pia's work, which certainly stands out as our favorite in Deruta. The quality of the design and the execution is excellent and Pia Red is a winner. Do not miss her shop/atelier...

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank KarenLdeG

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We visited Deruta a number of times in 2013 (including an overnight stay with our daughter) and have had the good fortune to explore the work of many of the artists in this quiet town. We were particularly taken with Pia's designs and colors and in November we ordered nine dishes and several serving bowls. By January they arrived at our place in the States in excellent condition. Pia sent notes before the shipment and stayed in touch afterwards. She has been great to work with. While we were making decisions in her shop she offered thoughts with just the right touch of artistic expertise and low-key merchandising. We felt no pressure to buy…rather we felt we were working with a talented artist who takes pride in her work and is pleased that others enjoy her efforts. We have individual pieces from a number of other artists in Deruta, and each expresses special beauty (unlike the mass-produced work in the stores below the town). Pia's work is particularly lovely, and it now graces our table for family and friends.

3  Thank John M
Paolo D, Proprietario at Maioliche Pia, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Mr. M. ,
thank you for spending these beautiful words for our work.
the fact of receiving compliments so beautiful fills us with pride and happiness, these awards are essential for us to continue to work, with a love for art and seriousness in relationships.
thanks a hug to all his wonderful family, we hope to see you soon in Italy.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Although her shop is outside the wall (just) she has established herself as one of best artists now working in Deruta. Her colors are spectacular and it all is painted with a fine hand. There are plenty of great shops in Deruta with many long-time artisans creating masterpieces (and not the mass made stuff at Williams-Sonoma) but Pia should be on everyone's list of places to stop, oogle and buy. Paulo is also a great help with the logistics of packing.

1  Thank JA R
Paolo D, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Maioliche Pia, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Hello Mr. Jim! Great! Thank you for all and in particolare for this recension.
I m very happy to have met you and your family! Hugs Pia and Paolo

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We made a trip to Deruta from Montepulciano specifically to see this shop, and it was worth it. Pia makes the most gorgeous majolica pottery (ooh, that red!). We only bought what we could carry, and wished we could carry more! Pia was not there, but her sweet husband Paulo was very helpful, opening up just for us. Next time, we look forward to meeting the artist herself.

1  Thank Kathryn O
Paolo D, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Maioliche Pia, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Kathryn , thank's for all! I and my beautiful wife, Pia , we are very glad to have met you! thanks for the nice words and for your choice! we hope to see you soon
Hugs to your family ( jim and bob

See more reviews
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I love this shop. The shopkeeper/artist was very kind, helpful and extremely talented. I bought a picture of Madonna and two children painted on a large tile that was framed; it is magnificent! I have gotten so many compliments on my painting. This was our first trip to Italy (July 2012) and visiting Italian pottery shops was one of the top things on my list. I went to many shops in a number of towns and Maioliche Pia in Deruta really stood out. The quality and craftsmanship are top notch. Even today I look at my painting and can still see Pia as she is so connected to the beautiful pieces she creates. My only regret is not purchasing more items while I was there. Maioliche Pia is a must see attraction on your next visit to Italy.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank Barbara9693
Paolo D, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Maioliche Pia, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you very much Mrs. Barbara! I remember with great affection both she and the tile with a painting of the Madonna Who purchased!
Thanks for yOur nice review! I hope to see you soon in Italy and in my factory/show room