Pat Cohan’s Bar
Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Cong
Cuisines: Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Closed for the Season 1st October 2017 - Spring 2018. Thank you very much for your interest in Pat Cohans. Looking forward to seeing you all next year. Pat Cohans Gastropub as featured in the 1952 Classic Movie " The Quiet Man". Restaurant committed to using fresh local produce from artisan suppliers crafted by our chef. All our dishes are cooked from scratch. Full bar menu, fine wines & crafts beers.
Reviewed August 7, 2014

It was nice to get a drink in here. It's a nice looking pub but it was a little disappointing that there's no trace of how it looked in the movie.

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

While visiting Cong we decided to try Cohan's for a bite to eat, very friendly staff, lovely atmosphere and the food was beautiful and everything homemade, I had the beer battered cod & chips and my partner had the pie, both were mouth watering and portion sizes although they looked small were actually just enough, desserts were again mouth watering, definitely try the chocolate pot!! You will want to lick the pot clean!! Best of luck to the new owners, you are definitely off to a great start, my only criticism would be your chips, chunky homemade chips would be a better than the skinny chips ;-)

Reviewed August 4, 2014

14 of us arrived in unannounced on a busy sat night. Service was fast and efficient. Clean glasses. Toilets are in need of an overhaul but very pleasant night

1  Thank 430fraserb
Reviewed August 4, 2014

My traveling companions and I feel very fortunate to have gone to Pat Cohan's pub the day following its opening after the remodeling. The place was full of local well wishers, and after going in at least 4 or 5 times during the following 2 weeks, we were made to feel like locals. Sharon and Ray, the owners, have created a superb spot for excellent food and 'craic'. Our companion from NYC said she never had better battered cod (fish & chips), indeed all of the fish dishes were fabulous. And for me the soups were among the best I've ever had. The desserts are divine.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Our group of four we delighted with our trip to this pub which has recently reopened. Lovely service, great food, nicely decorated, beautifully clean toilets.
We all had different things from the menu and were able to taste each other's. The seafood platter is a very imaginative thing with lots of different seafoods presented on a lovely platter. I had the lamb hotspot which was the nicest I have ever had. The lamb was beautifully tender. Well done, it must have been local. Also glad to see a nice wine list with at least three reds and whites available by the glass and our designated driver was delighted to find his favourite Fior Uisce water. The deserts were great. The Chocotate pot and the lemon posset are both gluten free and were both totally delicious. Great coffee and then we had a lovely stroll around Cong. Wishing the new owners good luck and we hope to be back on our next visit to Cong.

1  Thank Jackie J