“Delicious, Light, Filling & FRESH”
Review of Molly Bloom's - CLOSED

Molly Bloom's
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We loved this place so much that we went once a day for our 3-day stay!! The staff were very sweet and the desserts were delightful! I thought the menu seemed a little small but EVERYTHING was really delicious. The smoked salmon was simply amazing. We ate at almost every pub in town and they just do not compare to the deliciousness and freshness found at this establishment.

They close early, I think around 4pm or so, so don't go too late!

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Had eaten in a few places in Cong during a four day stay. Had positive experiences in all. Unfortunately had a puncture on the last day and while the garage were sorting out new gyres I went across to Molly Bloom's for a coffee etc. From the moment I came in I was net with a disapproving look by what appeared to be the lady in charge. I asked her if there was somewhere I could was my hands, as they were dirty from handling the wheel. She said she wasn't having people in to just use her toilet and to go to a public one. I told her I was going to be ordering and just wanted to wash my hands. She looked me up and down and then said she wanted me to orde first just in case, which we did. We were the only ones there and while we ate the lady sat at another table having a cup of something and was watching me. The two staff she had stood quietly behind the counter watching us also. Not a pleasant experience. She then didn't have laser and I had to go across the road to get cash back and she gave me the impression she didn't expect me back! I later mentioned the experience to another business in Cong and they smiled and said "I'll bet I know where that happened"! And they did! Value ok I gues..... Meringue and latte €6.95. It did taste ok. But I won't be going there again...

1  Thank MJAFaherty
Reviewed July 12, 2013

After we got a chill out on a boating excursion in Connemara, we headed back to Cong and stopped at Molly Blooms for what I think of as one of the yummiest treats ever! My husband opted for a lunch, having some homemade tomato/basil soup with fantastic warm brown bread....the rest of us indulged in a meringue/whipped cream/strawberry or pecan brownie or incredible rhubarb pie treat, accompanied by hot cocoa....that tasted like divine intervention! Highly recommend all of the treats at Molly Bloom's and she herself is so cordial and gracious, a must stop in Cong!

1  Thank Leonards2013
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

We popped in to Molly Bloom's at about 10:30 one Sunday, looking for a brunch-y meal. They were happy to whip something up for us while we sat and sipped some of their very good coffee.
When the food came (perfectly steaming hot, directly from the kitchen), it was equally delicious.
With speedy, accommodating service and that rich, black coffee, it's a great place to grab a "cuppa" and a quick, tasty meal.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Had the Tomato & basil soup with the most delicious brown bread we have eaten in ages.
We returned for the apple tart next day.
If you enjoy your food go there.

1  Thank Greg B