Tripadvisor
Cong
2,553 results
All reviews george v afternoon tea horseback riding hawk walk once in a lifetime like royalty falconry school boat tour high tea front gate bucket list drawing room quiet man irish wolf hounds lough corrib turn down service prince of wales
Selected filters
Reviewed January 21, 2020

Myself and my husband arrived to Ashford Castle last week , as a birthday treat for me. This was our second trip to Ashford having been there many years ago, but it just keeps getting better.
There are certain levels of the five star hotel experience, and then above that, is Ashford, without a shadow of a doubt, it is a truly remarkable place.
All the staff deserve a mention individually, but the list would be too long . Front of house to the behind the scenes staff, to the housekeeping, who left a lovely card and a Happy Birthday pillow at the turn down service.
Everyone who works there is a credit to the running of Ashford, and make you feel like you are the only person that matters. If you are thinking of visiting, do not hesitate, and book, it is an experience you will never ever forget, and I am looking forward to a visit in the very near future !!

Date of stay: January 2020
Niall_Rochford, General Manager at Ashford Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Karen G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share you review after your recent stay with us at Ashford Castle and let me wish you a Happy birthday! It is such a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your return stay and that you were made to feel welcome all the way from check in to check out.

Please know I have since shared your comments amongst everyone here and it provides the team with a real sense of motivation to read such positive feedback. It is always such a pleasure to read that the staff contributed to the enjoyment of your stay.

I do hope that we will welcome you back to Ashford Castle in the near future.

Reviewed January 16, 2020

As a group of 4 adults and 2 teenage lads, we stayed at Ashford Castle last week for three of the most amazing days EVER! The Castle itself is amazing, steeped in history and perched lakeside and alongside the small Village of Cong. The scenery is spectacular to say the least. THEN ... there is the magnificent accommodation, bars and restaurants and incredible staff. The formal dining room is spectacular and we thoroughly recommend a special dinner one evening there. Downstairs there are more informal options which are also superb. Overseeing all of this is the amazing Robert, who has been a part of the family there for decades. He is incredibly friendly, efficient and a truly outstanding professional. We thank him for looking after us so incredibly well. We spent one rainy afternoon lazing in the drawing room gazing out at the lake, sipping champagne and enjoying everything. Nadine a young German lass who had visited Australia was our host and was also superb. Everyone and everything about Ashford Castle is the same. From the second you arrive at the door and are greeted by the professional staff, until the moment you depart - you are made to feel special. THANK you all! Oh, also worthy of mention are the many activities, horse riding, archery, clay pigeon shooting, falcons, ... please do visit this wonderful corner of Ireland. Andrew, Hayley, Matt, Suzie, Zac and Josh

Date of stay: January 2020
Niall_Rochford, General Manager at Ashford Castle, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2020

Dear Andrew D,

I am delighted to read this review of your most recent stay at Ashford Castle.

Thank you for taking the time to do this and to acknowledge so many individual elements which contributed to such a wonderful stay. It seems you have been impressively active during your stay and I am delighted that many of the experiences you will cherish.

To have our service levels, food and activities recognised so positively is a pleasure.

I will personally pass your compliments to Robert and Nadine. They will be delighted to be highlighted personally for such praise.
There is no better motivator than acknowledgement of a job well done.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Ashford Castle in the near future.

Reviewed January 14, 2020

We've just returned from a two night stay in Ashford Castle and were totally blown away by the whole exerience. We were checked in by Nancy and brought to our beautiful Stateroom no 416. The view of the bridge and Corrib were breathtaking.We dined the first night in the stunning George V restaurant. The food was incredible and our server Rhoda was so lovely and friendly. After dinner Annette and John entertained us in the Drawing Room with some great songs. At breakfast Eleanor and Jonathon made sure that we wanted for nothing. My partner visited the spa and couldn't recommend Lena highly enough. Also Nathan in the Drawing Room and Mark in the Prince of Wales bar deserve special mention. All in all it was an incredibly relaxing couple of days and we are already looking forward to returning.

2  Thank philipB b

Dear philipB b,

Thank you for taking the time to review this most recent family stay with us. I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed some of our finest activities and experiences.

We are proud to understand that alongside our beautiful surrounds and many experiences, the team at Ashford Castle were a standout memory.

Thank you also for acknowledging the service provided by Nancy, Rhoda, Annette, John, Eleanor, Jonathan, Lena, Nathan and Mark. I have personally thanked them for their outstanding and amazing work seen each day here at Ashford Castle.

We would love the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to Ashford Castle for the second time in a lifetime trip!

Reviewed January 14, 2020

This was an absolutely amazing experience!! The gardens are magical, even in the winter. We explored for nearly 3hours in the gardens alone and still haven't seen everything. This is a MUST See in Ireland. Loved every minute of it!!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank esteeauretolivier

Dear esteeauretolivier,

Thank you so much for your glowing review of your time spent with us on the estate.

We are delighted that you enjoyed our magical gardens and that you had a great experience with us.

We really do hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Warmest regards

Reviewed January 12, 2020

Ashford Castle is more than a hotel, it is an experience and a wonderful experience at that. The grounds and the many walks are exquisite and if you are up to getting out of bed just a little earlier than usual, the walk with the Wolf Hounds and with Doug is a must-do and will make the trip memorable for sure.

The food was good and I particularly enjoyed the afternoon tea. The waiter service was fine, but felt that it could have been a bit better for the class of hotel that is Ashford and for the price that guests pay. However, Ashford Castle is so good overall that it still rates as 5 stars from me.

I highly recommend Ashford Castle to anyone who would like to enjoy a top class hotel in Ireland.

1  Thank clinton-trip

Dear clinton-trip,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you kindly for your feedback after your recent stay with us at Ashford Castle.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your experience and walking with our wolfhounds with Doug.

I am disappointed to learn that you felt the service for your afternoon tea could have been a bit better. Please know that at Ashford Castle we are continuously striving to provide service and cuisine of the highest standards and without your feedback this would not be possible.
I would very much welcome your further comment to niallrochford@ashfordcastle.com, or if you are in a position to return to the estate I would ask you contact me directly as so I can personally take care of your requirements.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Ashford Castle in the near future.