“lovely guesthouse”

Villa Pio Bed & Breakfast and Luxury Apartment
Ranked #8 of 13 Cong B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed at this guesthouse for one night whilst waiting for our furniture to arrive at our new house. We were made very welcome and the room was lovely. The breakfast was superb and would recommend this guesthouse without hesitation.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Villa Pio Bed & Breakfast and Luxury Apartment

Reviewed October 9, 2013

this was one amazing place to stay the food was great the rooms perfect and the hospitality second to none. ann the owner was a beautiful lady and could not do enough for us. we were only 2 miles from everything that we wanted to see and all was so handy.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank chrisk42
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I was made to feel so welcome at this establishment! The proprietress Ann could not have done any more to make me feel at home and, as a solo traveller, this is very important to me. The villa itself is very attractive with lovely decor and an extremely cosy lounge where guests are encouraged to make themselves comfortable. I sat in there for a large part of the evening and Ann's husband put his head around the door to say "hello" which I thought was very nice. I asked Ann if I could borrow a corkscrew as I had bought some wine and she insisted on giving me a crystal wineglass to drink it from! My room was very comfortable and spotlessly clean and I had a great night's sleep. Breakfast was probably the best one I had in the week that I spent in Ireland - perfectly cooked and piping hot! I cannot recommend it highly enough - fantastic value for money too!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Noreenfogarty
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stayed 3 nights at the villa pio at short notice which was the nearest available b&b to Ballinrobe where my two friends were staying.Arrived Sunday evening and Marty the host gave me some tea and biscuits before leaving to run his on site taxi service of which I used for two evenings to Ballinrobe and return so I could sample a guiness or three.I was asked what time I would liked breakfast where I met the warm and friendly hostess Ann.The single bed was very comfortable and the shared bathroom was next door,this b&b has only 4 rooms.It,s in a very quiet location down a narrow lane off the main road to Cong which is about a mile and a half away. If you walk down the lane from villa pio for 15 minutes,it will bring you to Lough Corrib which is very peaceful and idyillic. Between the b&b and Cong there is the entrance to Ashford castle and grounds which is a must to have a wander around. Also the daily Loch Corrib cruise starts from here at 11am and 3pm which blew away a muzzy head from the night before. Ballinrobe racecourse is several miles away which was my main reason for visiting Ireland,it was on for two consecutive evenings,the pipe opener for the galway festival. The atlantic beaches west of Louisburgh is a good one hour drive away. I recommend you stay at the villa pio b&b if visiting this part of west Ireland

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank yozzerhughes1982
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We just found this BB on the way, and was very satisfied with the experience. The host was really helpful, even managed to make some quick dinner for us, and we felt really welcomed there. I would recommend this place to stay really much. The area is really nice, the beds are comfortable, and the decoration is really beautiful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We came to stay for a night, and ended up staying over another night. Our hostess, Anne, was gracious and caring, a fabulous baker, and genuinely attentive to our needs. The accommodations were five star, the food incredible, and the location ideal. We met freinds, and visited the nearby Lough Corrib, and Ashford Castle.
The brown bread (for which my wife gently cajoled the recipe) was delicious. We hope to be able to return to this warm atmosphere again and again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Out of all the 4 and 5 star hotels we stayed at in Scotland and Ireland, Villa Pio B&B is by far the best of all of them!
Ann and Marty gave us such a warm welcome when we arrived. The rooms were tastefully decorated, extremely clean, like new and very comfortable. They made us feel at home right away.
They operate the local taxi service and Marty drove us into Congto see the Ashford castle. He was a wealth of information about the castle and also regarding the locations where the"The Quiet Man" was filmed. Ann also happened to have a DVD of the movie and we thoroughly enjoyed watching it in the comfortable sitting room.
Ann prepared the four of us a fantastic tradional full Irish breakfast each morning which was absolutley yummy! At the end of our stay, Marty drove us all the way back to the train station in Galway. They were so accommodating!
Staying at the Villa Pio was very peaceful and relaxing which made it all worth while and was the best part of our trip to Ireland ! We highly recommend staying at this 5 star B&B with this lovely Irish couple -- it's an excellent choice!

Room Tip: There are no stairs to climb and the rooms have a wonderful breeze. For lunch or dinner, Marty and A...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank road2perfection
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cong
Ashford Castle
#3 of 13 in Cong
Nymphsfield House
Nymphsfield House
#1 of 13 in Cong

Been to Villa Pio Bed & Breakfast and Luxury Apartment? Share your experiences!