Thuas maith, leath na oibre. An Irish saying which means a good start is half the work.
My wife and I visited The Lodge as part of a Connemara trip last weekend. All the elements conspired to perfection and we arrived at thhe Lodge on a beautiful sunny afternoon after a stunning drive from Kylemore Abbey. This was the "luxury' night of the trip and I had booked a suite.
It is rarely that a room can have such an impact but both of us ( seasoned travellers) were blown away by the room. We spent a most enjoyable afternoon in the little garden outside the suite enjoying the sunshing and soaking in the lakeview.
But there was more to come.! We ate in the Wilde Restaurant that evening where they had a mystery tasting menu on offer. The range, quality presentation and inventiveness of the food was simply superb. We argued whether it was our finest meal ever and whereas we didnt reach agreement it was certainly one of the leading nominees. It was also incredible value for the quality of the offering and the icing on the cake was a window table where we were able to watch the patterns of the setting sun on the lake and surrounding mountains
We met with the manager Colin the next day and he explained enthusiastically that the Red Carnation Group had taken over the hotel in February ( already own the nearby Ashford Castle). and talked about the plans for the estate. If thats the standards that they have achieved after just 5 months, it will be really interesting to see where Colin and his crew can take the Lodge over the next year.
His enthusiasm was absolutely infectious and I genuinely wish him and the Lodge well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the 360 acre Ashford Castle estate over looking Lough Corrib, The Lodge at Ashford Castle provides an exemplary country house experience, the Lodge offers Contemporary country cooking using local artisan produce in the relaxing lake view dining rooms. Beautifully designed deluxe rooms (24) and suites (26) combined with an outdoor Tub and Sauna are sure to provide the perfect escape. Banqueting facilities include a glass walled Harbor Room that can welcome up to 200 wedding guests, a boardroom for meetings and screening room for private dining. Estate activities including golf, Falconry and Horse riding are all available along this beautiful estate. We are delighted to now be part of The Red Carnation Hotel Collection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Lodge at Ashford Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Ashford Hotel Cong
- The Lodge At Ashford Castle Ireland/Cong