I decided to book this for myself and my girlfriend we were celebrating a special occasion. We were on a two night package which included dinner. When we arrived to the hotel the lady seemed very ignorant and dismissive and told us our room wasn't ready. We had no problem as we had arrived in the early afternoon. Whilst we waited for our room we had a look at the brochure display board which was very depleted and didn't have much information about the local area. The receptionist then took us to our room, which is strange because no one seemed to be taken care of the reception whilst we were taken to our room. A concierge service would be helpful in this hotel. Luckily we didn't need help with our luggage.Our room was beautiful, a duplex suite, spacious and comfortable. It was like a small home. We had dinner on the first evening, the menu is different and exciting. Unfortunately I don't like seafood which the menu does entail a lot of. Had one or two drinks in the bar, it lacks atmosphere and is quite small and uninviting. We sat out on the deck furniture which could do with a lick of varnish, but the view of the lake made up for it. Robert in the bar was very good, professional and very attentive. He even provided some information on what we could do around Cong. We had food in the bar the second night, the menu is at a reasonable price and the table service was quite good. At breakfast there was a very poor selection on the buffet and both mornings it was very depleted. The car park also was not lit at night. Lights appeared to be there but weren't turned on, very dangerous as the car was parked in the forest car park. Also when we had ordered an ice bucket to our room the receptionist told us she was "too busy at the moment" to order that. There are no direct lines for the for the different departments. I went myself to the bar and collected it myself. Checked out by the same receptionist, seems that she just has an attitude in general. All in all I think the Lisloughrey was once a nice hotel. it just needs some money spent on it to revive what it once was and that a few more staff about the place (concierge) wouldn't go astray.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the 360 acre Ashford Castle estate over looking Lough Corrib, The Lodge at Ashford Castle provides an exemplary country house experience, the Lodge offers Contemporary country cooking using local artisan produce in the relaxing lake view dining rooms. Beautifully designed deluxe rooms (24) and suites (26) combined with an outdoor Tub and Sauna are sure to provide the perfect escape. Banqueting facilities include a glass walled Harbor Room that can welcome up to 200 wedding guests, a boardroom for meetings and screening room for private dining. Estate activities including golf, Falconry and Horse riding are all available along this beautiful estate. We are delighted to now be part of The Red Carnation Hotel Collection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Lodge at Ashford Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Ashford Hotel Cong
- The Lodge At Ashford Castle Ireland/Cong