I would return again in a heartbeat. We booked a 2 night stay at the lodge recently and enjoyed every minute. At first glance, the courtyard which houses the bedrooms didn't look brilliant but our room and bathroom are really tastefully decorated, spacious and clean. The only complaint is the tiny telly! It was lost on the wall at a mere 10 or 14 inches. But that's just a small quibble in an otherwise brilliant stay.
The special offer of 2 nights B&B with dinner on one night is really excellent value. We got a gorgeous 3 course meal for that and a glass of wine each. We had dinner in the bar on the first night as options to eat around Cong are limited. Our food was fantastic with beautiful view which added to our experience. There's a lovely atmosphere around the hotel and I really commend whoever designed the interiors in the hotel, it's full of beautiful funky chandeliers , furniture and warm cosy colours that really accentuate the many character features of the house. We're told that the house housed ashford castle's hotel managers and their families through the years so it's nice that the house was so lived in all along before it became a hotel. Each staff member was extremely pleasant and professional. Breakfast was to die for, buttery potato cakes and some of the best white pudding we ever tasted. think I'm fussy enough about food and quality and there was nothing I could fault, this hotel serves really excellent food. If you're looking for a relaxing time in a beautiful place, this is it. I would't entirely recommend Cong itself as there wasn't much in the village itself but the hotel more than makes up for that. Thanks for a wonderful time. We'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the 360 acre Ashford Castle estate over looking Lough Corrib, The Lodge at Ashford Castle provides an exemplary country house experience, the Lodge offers Contemporary country cooking using local artisan produce in the relaxing lake view dining rooms. Beautifully designed deluxe rooms (24) and suites (26) combined with an outdoor Tub and Sauna are sure to provide the perfect escape. Banqueting facilities include a glass walled Harbor Room that can welcome up to 200 wedding guests, a boardroom for meetings and screening room for private dining. Estate activities including golf, Falconry and Horse riding are all available along this beautiful estate. We are delighted to now be part of The Red Carnation Hotel Collection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Lodge at Ashford Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Ashford Hotel Cong
- The Lodge At Ashford Castle Ireland/Cong