“Great service, delicious lunch on the grounds of Ashford Castle”

Cullen's at the Cottage
Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Cong
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: This traditional thatched cottage provides a relaxed dining experience with a casual dress code in which to enjoy international and local dishes inspired by our owner Beatrice Tollman, including our delicious signature dish 'Chicken Peri Peri'. It is slow cooked in our rotisserie oven in the main dining area, so mouth-watering aromas greet you as soon as you enter the restaurant. At the front of the building you will now discover a beautifully manicured garden and extended patio area proving a spectacular area to enjoy lunch and sip a cocktail and enjoy the magnificent views of Ashford Castle in the distance. Open seasonally, it's just a short stroll over the bridge from the castle. Booking in advance is advisable to avoid disappointment.
Cooperstown, New York
“Great service, delicious lunch on the grounds of Ashford Castle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

We paid the entrance fee to see the grounds of Ashford Castle and have lunch at the Cottage. Cullen's At The Cottage opens at lunch time, so we decided to walk the grounds first. It was a real treat despite the overcast weather.

The service at Cullen's At The Cottage was excellent. We had our choice of a booth right away when they opened, and were served quickly. We had the Cobb salad, soup of the day, and the club sandwich with a pot of tea. We were too full to eat our scones so our waiter put them in a bakery box and included two individual jars of jam tucked inside for us to enjoy later.

It's worth the entrance fee to walk the lovely grounds of the Ashford Castle, and if you are lucky you will see and hear the bagpipes being played when a boat returns to the dock, and maybe even see demonstrations by the falconry guides.

• Visited April 2014

Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Tea To Die For”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Cullen's is in a lovely location and has a true "olde worlde" atmosphere. There is plenty of parking and the entrance is level. The washrooms (clean and attractive) are on the ground floor.
We went for an afternoon snack. Beautifully dressed waitresses served us two absoluely huge, homemade scones each with a large dish of cream and strawberry jam. There was no problem that I am allergic to strawberries and I had a choice of raspberry or blackcurrant jam. Tea was served in large cups and saucers and filled up at regular intervals. It was a real treat.

• Visited June 2014
Bloomfield, New Jersey
“One of our best meals!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Thank you Emer for spoling us. We had a wonderful, relaxing dinner following our afternoon of Falcony School. The mussels tasted like they just jumped out of the water and onto our plates. My husband totally savored his oysters. It you want it fresh and delicious, make your reservation now. This was one of our favorite nights.

Paula & Mur
NJ

• Visited June 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Perfect Fish!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

My husband and I were dining here recently and I must say my main course was delightful. I got the nicest Turbot I ever had, cooked just perfectly, lovely spinach, superb sauce. We , enjoyed the starters and dessert as well, but that fish...yum... Ivan had a great smile each time I looked, other staff acted very professional but without that nice smile. Majority of people woudn't be noticing all the little details of staff performance on the floor, but me as a restaurant manager I can't eat a meal anymore without observing it all. Overall a very nice dining experience. Will reccomend it

Visited June 2014
1 Thank dorathexplorerhaha
Sligo
“Over priced and get as good in Supermacs ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

We were placed in beside another couple basically elbow to elbow. The service was good but we were basically on top of the couples either side of us. We had starter and main course. Very disappointing starter I had Caesar salad which had processed chicken in it and a few lettuce leaves with a bit of cheese very poor attempt for €9. I had the burger for the main course. Boring is all I could describe it as no flavour and at a price of €18. Expensive!!! Could not see why we were paying premium prices as it was not premium food. However I suppose it is in a premium location. The food would want to improve to charge those prices!!!

1 Thank JPEAnderson