Review Highlights

Reviewed May 9, 2018
BriefBoy
Burlingame, California
via mobile

All reviews carriage ride beautiful horses riding ability horse riding great activity great ride helmets canter beginners ashford forest guide archery castle grounds bramble property
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had booked an hours archery which was just great. It was just two of us Dave our instructor was fantastic. On walking back to the centre we enquired about horse riding. We were soon kitted out with our boots and riding helmets. We had an hours private riding through the woods with Carlotta who was amazing.

Reviewed May 9, 2018 via mobile

The folks here went out of the way to make us feel welcome. We rode as a family daily this allowed us to really experience the grounds and imagine what it was like to be in a true forest with bows and swords!

Equestrian really added to the Ashford experience.

Reviewed March 18, 2018

Ashford Equestrian Centre is truly a Horse Riding venue well worth not only visiting but to enrol your child for riding lessons.
The staff are well absolutely wonderful and very knowledgeable in all aspects of riding from beginners to advanced riders.
If you wish to learn to ride and or advance up to jumping then you have found the venue to enrol.
Ashford Equestrian may not be the cheapest in the area but yet very affordable as the old saying goes, "You get what you pay for".
The premises are always extremely well maintained and very clean along with their horses and riding gear.
The centre has a large gravel parking area and all the stables are well maintained with no mud and slush to walk through like many other riding schools.
A wonderful clean indoor arena is available and used during the cold and wetter days for lessons / jumping. The arena has an upstairs under cover seating area for parents to watch their children riding in comfort with even a free self make tea/coffee on offer.
I highly recommend Ashford Equestrian Centre to visitors to the area and or locals.

2  Thank TimSA2612
Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

Beautiful horses and tasteful new equipment. Peaceful ride through idyllic pastoral scenery. Great experience.

Reviewed October 12, 2017

One of my best days!! Everyone was great. Got to trot out and canter on my ride.
Riding through the forest was a dream come true! My guide gave a good history of the grounds and Castle.
The horse I rode, Bramble, was a lovely mare who was suitable for my riding ability (experienced). I would feel totally safe bringing a beginner to ride here as well. They have all levels of horses to ride.
My friend went kayaking while I went on the ride.
I lost my glasses while there . David was kind enough to look for them and called me when he found them. They are mailing them to me in the states!
My guide was great and took loads of photos and a nice video of me by the castle.

Reviewed September 12, 2017

I went to visit Ireland for a week, we did some fun stuff and saw breathtaking views however, riding Guinness for 2 hours was the highlight of my trip. My instructor was nothing short of magnificent. She was so patient, answered all my questions and by the end of my ride.... It felt like I had been riding with a friend. Thank you guys for being so awesome! If I ever make it back to Ashford, this will be the first thing I book.

Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

We took a carriage ride for four for about an hour through the countryside with a beautiful horse. It was a beautiful ride in the trees and very peaceful. An enjoyable way to spend some time!

Reviewed September 1, 2017 via mobile

Myself and my partner had a wonderful 1hr trail ride with our fabulous guide. Perfect scenery, would definitely recommend you give it a go if you are in the area.

Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

On vacation from the US staying at the castle. We are NOT horse people. The staff made this an extremely enjoyable horse ride. It is clear they choose the horse and tempo of your trip based on your experience and requests. We enjoyed a leisurely one hour walk through the woods surrounding the castle. My wife and I are in our lower 60's (in reasonably good shape) and were able to do this effortlessly. I would highly recommend this as a way to spend an afternoon at the castle.

2  Thank Larry F
Reviewed June 23, 2017 via mobile

Just a short walk from the castle, plenty of horses, caters children too according to their age and level.