“Danaghers Holloween 2011” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Danaghers Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cong
Danaghers Hotel
Ranked #11 of 13 Cong B&B and Inns
Hollywood, Maryland
“Danaghers Holloween 2011”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2011

We spent Halloween night between Danaghers & Pat Cohan's & had a brilliant time. The locals embraced us and made us feel like one of their own. One of the best Halloween "Fancy Dress" partieis I've ever been to.

Room Tip: We did not stay the night but enjoyed the company of the wonderful people of Cong.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
      Rooms
2 Thank Teri373

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2011

Don't forget to check out the bar when visiting Danaghers and if you happen to be hungry, their Poached Salmon (when in season) is a must and worth the wait, since poaching takes longer. The portion is huge and served with lots of veg and potatoes. You won't leave hungry! Staff are friendly and the traditional Irish music adds to a very enjoyable atmosphere/ visit.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Maryann W
NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2011

We didn't stay at Danaghers, but we ate and drank there and had a blast!!! The review from Paul from August 2011 - clearly this is not a pub for children, it was your own poor choice to take your children to this place.

That being said, we loved the proprieter, the locals and had a great time, one of the highlights of our trip! We will be back.

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank obeone11
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

Well Cong was hopping at the end of the summer when Maureen O'Hara and John Wayne's daughters came back for the celebrations of that wonderful classic film.

What to make as our base? Not being the castle sort- we chose Danagher's of course. Had been here first in 1991 and it was just as good now almost 20 years later. Room was clean and cozy but what we love is the atmosphere of the place and the fresh, homemade cooking. The staff was friendly and helpful in the face of the big crowds in a tiny town all weekend.. Can't wait to come back again.

Room Tip: It's not about the view and the noise depends it Cong is in its usual sleepier state or if there...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MaryPDowntown
Londonderry N Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2011

my family went here on saturday August 26 just for a drink. As soon as we saw the interior we were about to leave There were dozens of dirty glasses on the bar counter tables had not been cleared of dirty dinner plates and glasses our 7year old son had seen the dinner menu advertised outside and wanted a plain burger priced at 5 euro so we decided to stay as we couldn't see anywhere else selling food. My husband got a table with our 2 children while i went to the bar. After 5 to 10 mins waiting I was finally served by the owner He tried to charge me 10 euro for the burger but when I pointed out it was advertised at 5 euro he just grunted and took my money. As he was serving my drinks I tried to tell him where we were sitting as the bar was pretty packed,he very ignorantly shouted that i would have to wait for the food and I wasn't in Mc Donalds.The man obviously tried to embarass me in front of his regular customers who were sitting at the bar but only managed to embarrass HIMSELF as his crude comments were over heard by other customers who were visiting his establishment, like me, that day. They, like me, thought his comments were indefensible and again like myself, reiterated that manners don't cost a penny. This proprietor was certainly lacking manners, friendliness and all the other hallmarks that normally make Cong such a pleasant place to visit. I will continue to visit Cong, for its scenery and normal hospitality, but will never frequent Danaghers Hotel again. As a last insight into the quality or should I say lack of a quality experience, when my son's burger eventually arrived, it was dressed, when we had ordered it plain. We again had to wait another 10 mins after this. What was also shocking was the fact the proprietor didn't seem to care that he had lost our family as paying customers in the future and not only that,but any customer he may have received if we had recommended his hotel to our friends. This is something we would never do of course, and it is strange his attitude was like this given Ireland is in the middle of a recession. Maybe he is one of the few business men who can afford to lose customers during a recession.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank Paul_2004
Dundalk, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2010

This is the worst place myself and my friends have ever stayed, Its not a hotel its a run down B&B with filthy beds, old worn out rooms, a wasps nest outside the window of room number 7 and a bathroom that looks like a blind man tiled it. Along with that the staff (apart from the 2 ladies) were rude and nearly started a fight with my party because we wouldnt buy them a drink after hours. The owner was serving behind the bar on thursday night cursing everyone who walked past him. It says here i have to rate it as terrible, believe me if i could i wouldnt rate it at all, You have been warned

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
      Rooms
3 Thank fargoboyle
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2010

genuine crack and friendly staff , food quality and good value, terry and bernie, dun laoghaire

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple