“????”
Review of Club Serena Resort

Club Serena Resort
Reviewed November 3, 2011

We travelled long way from mactan to experience club serena as recommended by a friend. We arrived late in that rainy afternoon 6pm only to find out that there is only one room left "The Chairman's Room" 'cause it's peak season then. Since it's quite late, we asked the receptionist if we can just have that room for the 5 of us knowing it would be difficult for us to look for another resort in that unfamiliar place. She told us that it is not possible per company's policy. We tried to talk to the "Manager" if he can just charged us for the 3 addl persons for that particular room, but to no avail. We we're very much disappointed with the way it was handled by the management considering the time and situation then. Very inconsiderate of them for just an overnight stay, We can never forget the experience :(

Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank Jo d

Reviewed July 10, 2011

stayed in club serena for about a week, the resort and the staff were all wonderful. the rooms and bathrooms were very clean. the food is also very good. one thing i love about it is the people, they make you feel like you are at home. the beach is very nice and if youre a diver, you will love to stay in here. the open-air restaurant overviewing the beach is beautiful and relaxing.

i stayed at one of the treehouses and it was very nice and unique accommodation. you have a very very wide terrace with multiple seating areas. if feels like you own the place. what i liked about it is that it is quiet and very relaxing. a great place to escape the buzz of cebu city.

the only downside is that there isnt much to do in there. and you have to travel at least 20 mins to get to anywhere if you wanted to go out.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank albarq
Reviewed March 8, 2011

The one thing I can always say about the Phillipines, is that you are always treated with warmth and a beautiful smile. Club Serena provided us with that along with an array of good food, drinks made to our liking and great frendlly and helpful service. The dive shop privided us with master divers that make you feel like you are swimming with mermaids/men. This was my first time diving and the instructor was calm, plesant and good fun. The sea turtles, schools of sardines, ells, lionfish et all was spectacular. The snorkeling is also excellent. Visibility ranged from 15meters to 30meters on our last day of diving. It is not a 5 star resort, but we had a great tree house with a good size bed, big balcony and privacey. The bar has a great view of the sunset and the staff do their best to make you welcome and at home. The price is cheap, and you leave feeling well feed, and taken care of.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2011

I visited just recently with friends that live in Hong Kong for the Chinese New Year holiday. For the first three days we were there, the weather was bad due to a typhoon, which the staff said was usual for this time of year. However, even though the weather was poor we were still able to take in a lot of the hotel's amenities, such as the massages which ranged anywhere from about $10-$20 USD. The food was also good at the resort, which was extremely helpful because the town of Moalboal is about a 10 minute drive away. The service was outstanding though and everyone knew us all by our first names. They are all willing to help make your stay as enjoyable as possible.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 8, 2011

Stayed in Club Serena for our 1st year anniversary and reserved the Honeymoon Cottage. It was a very long trip from the airport but it was well worth it.

The place was very nice and very peaceful. The Honeymoon Cottage (which I heard from the staff was used by ex-Pres. GMA) was very nice. Complete amenities--from the TV, DVD player, complete with DVDs, airconditioning, bathroom was very clean and the cottage was quite big. The pool was also nice.

The resort staff were all very friendly and accomodating. I would especially want to give my compliments to Rolan who immediately asked us for our names as soon as we got there..personalized service indeed. And as we stayed on, he would already know what we wanted and would immediately serve it. The driver also who brought us back to the airport was very friendly and accomodating. He was very helpful in showing us where we could buy stuff in the city.

The only thing we didnt like was the food. It was highlighted in the website, given that there were lots of pictures of food, but it was a bit disappointing once we got there. It was nothing out of the ordinary, some occasions very disappointing, to think that it was a bit pricey. I even had one meal where I was supposed to get a bowl of soup, which turned out to be instant noodles. So much for gourmet food. Also, given that the resort had a lot of personnel, it would have been nice if some of them took the time out to clean up the beachfront as there were some parts that had trash. Since we were there during a weekday, we were the only guests and the staff had a lot of time in their hands. I was thinking that it would have been nice to spend their time sprucing up the place and cleaning the sand instead of playing basketball, or watching TV.

Lastly, the supervisor of the place wasnt really friendly at all (the one who stays in the admin office). Never talked to us or chatted with us or asked us how our stay was. And when we were checking out--us, together with another French couple, waited for so long to be able to pay because the supervisor was late and was nowhere to be found. We were very calm but the French couple was a bit irritated, given the fact that they had waited for so long to check out, and that since the supervisor wasnt there, it was just the staff who attended to them and were clueless as to what to do, and the couple couldnt understand them cause the staff couldnt speak English. It took another regular guest, who was checking in that day, to attend to the couple and help out in the communication, since the incoming guest was Cebuana and could speak English as well.

All in all, the place was really nice.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JemAng
Reviewed January 10, 2011

the place is really beautiful,it is very relaxing.Room is always clean "awesome",a very nice swimming pool and a bar,foods was good,staffs are very friendly and helpful..If you are looking to have a quiet and relaxing stay then this is the place to be..I would highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SorianoL
Reviewed January 7, 2011

I have stayed in Club Serena Resort a few years ago, but coming back last November we stayed in one of their brand new suites. Our room was called the Governor's Suite. Although I really love Club Serena's native styled rooms, I must say I was very impressed when I walked in the new suites. It was very spacious, modern, spotlessly clean and beautiful. Our suite is part of the new 2 storey structure that had it's own swimming pool. I love Club Serena's old (and still existing) pool by the restaurant and beach, but sometimes the privacy of the new pool right in front of our doorstep was just so much better.

I was so blown away with the private outdoor shower and bath area of our suite. The toilet and sink are covered but there is a separate entrance to the outdoor shower. The walls are very high, so you will never have to worry about people seeing you. All you can see when you look up are the stars. On the first night of our stay, it drizzled while I was in the shower, and it was so nice because the mix of cool rain drops and the hot steamy shower was such a unique experience. The rest of the nights, it did not rain. So having a bath in the tub facing up at the stars was so relaxing, just what my husband and I needed.

The location of the resort is pretty far from Cebu City, but it is definitely a hidden treasure. So once you get to Serena, you totally forget about the long drive.

We had the pleasure of meeting the owner, who seemed very nice and bubbly and made sure the staff were attentive to us. The even prepared a surprise Beach Dinner for my husband and I, compete with candles and some petals on the sand. Very romantic.

I feel this place was meant for lovers, as a getaway from everything hectic. I would recommend this resort for all couples looking for a beautiful place to relax in. I also saw a family with 2 young children and they seemed to be enjoying too so it looks like a good family friendly place as well.

I have already booked my next stay with them for this summer :)

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple