“Great dive shop, but in dire need of a boardwalk!”

The Blue Abyss Dive Shop
More attraction details
Owner description: The Blue Abyss Dive Shop has been established in Moalboal since 1997 and is located right at the sea.We offer two boat dives and one House reef dives daily, which will be accompanied by an experienced Dive master. We are familiar with the diving area for more than 15 years. During office hours our guests can make individual dives on our house reef, using the buddy system. The Blue Abyss DIve Shop is an IDIC Instructor Training Center which offers all dive courses from discover scuba diving to Instructor. We also teach courses to PADI standards. We have access to a swimming pool which assure safe diving instruction at Beginner level.We offer fantastic Underwater DVD Videos from the best dive sites in the Philippines and also personal Underwater DVD Videos to carry home your beautiful memories.
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I have stayed at Marcosas Cottages for two nights in January 2013 and dived with Blue Abyss after researching recommended dive shops in Moalboal. The choice was clear. There was no other dive shop to reserve with, according to TA.

My divemaster was Garry, who was very friendly and warm. I felt very safe diving with him. I dived over 20 times, however unlike most OW divers I need more time to equalize. Garry was very patient and always signaled asking if I was doing OK (every couple of minutes) which made me feel super comfortable.

The only thing that bothered me was the layout/location of the dive shop. It was situated on the beach, but on a higher level (sort of like a cliff). In order to get to the boats, you have to walk down a flight of rocky stairs, then walk about 50m into the seaweed-filled, stingray-filled, murky water to the boat, with your wetsuit, dive slippers on (because you might injure yourself from the sharp seashells, marine life, etc) and while holding your camera/other belongings. It was truly a pain for me, because you did that before and after EACH dive (once in morning, once in afternoon for two tank per day dives).

I personally don't like the idea of being wet and 'dirty' before diving. On the boatride to the dive sites, I am already wet without even having to dive yet!

They are in dire need of some sort of boardwalk or wooden walkway to the boats. Other than that, excellent dive shop!

1  Thank fhk202
There are newer reviews for The Blue Abyss Dive Shop

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I first started diving with them in 2010 and it has been a great experience time and time again.

The layout of the dive center has been well thought out from the start, being very spacious and organised with ample rinsing stations for their guests. I guess this is the result of more than 15 years experience running a dive center.

The guides have an intimate knowledge of the area and will not hesitate to show u the best of Moalboal. Having Jun bring you on the mandarin fish dive is an experience you have to try at least once!!! Garry never fails to point out all the amazing creatures when muck diving at Moalboal Bay!!!!

All in all a great dive center i would definitely give 2 thumbs up.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Moalboal was may last stop in the Philippines before heading home. I was very happy to find the Blue Abyss located near my hotel. I did two dives with them and found the staff to be very professional and kind. As I am not that confident at diving yet, Garry looked after me well and I felt very safe. We saw some lovely underwater life and reefs at Pescador Island and at Tongo. Their boat, equipment, and facilities are excellent. If I ever go back, I won't hesitate to dive with them again!

1  Thank Janet W
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Proffesional, safe and SUPER CREW. And then together with Marcosas its a HIT.
While you are here, DONT FORGET TO HAVE A VIDEO MADE BY KLEMENS GANN, this for the cold winterdays.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Blue Abyss has good facilities and a efficient layout. It is also cozy with nice sitting areas and landscaping. The operation is run very smoothly from the diving to the accounting. The guides are first rate and staff are friendly and helpful.

It's the best value for me and my choice of dive operators in Moalboal. Despite the high quality of the operation the prices are very low, especially if you do a package of 10 or more dives.

I have been to Moalboal to dive several times since 1990.