“Can you do it?? Yes you can!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Element Freedive

Element Freedive
More attraction details
Owner description: The premier place to freedive in the Philippines at Kasai Village Resort. Freediving courses (Pure Apnea) for beginners and easy access deep-dive training on the platform for all freedivers wanting to get deeper! Located exactly on the sea with depths well over 100 meters. Freedivers from all over the world are coming here to train and having a wonderful time.
UK
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Can you do it?? Yes you can!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2012

Firstly lets deal with the bad...nothing! For the past year at the age of 53 I have wanted to explore Freediving and eventually I thought...l am going to do it. I had read up all about the pitfalls of the sport and watched some of the extremely adventurous men and woman who participate in this sport going to extreme depths for many minutes so I had a good idea of what it would entail. I decided to book with Andrew who is running his own show in the pretty barangay of Moalboal.The reason I chose Andrew was that unlike his only rival who is close by; Andrew follows the SSI system and at the end of the course is able to certify you as a level 1 or 2 freediver which is a qualification recognised throughout the world. I was lucky in that I was able to stay in Andrews house for the course. Firstly, can I make a point to anybody reading this review, when you learn to freedive with Andrew, you are entering the world of a person who is totally dedicated to the sport both in the water and out of the water. Its almost like he is not interested in taking your money so long as he can show you how to freedive! This means you are more or less entering a kind of freediving retreat! For me it was a bit of a "detox" as back in my world I eat and drink a lot of the bad stuff! Andrew prepared our food on a daily basis and at the end of the 5 days I certainly felt the benefit of Andrews shakes (dont ask me how many things went in it!) and food that was rich in protein and low in carbohydrates. At the end of my stay, I felt so much healthier and slightly leaner! So what about the course(s) well I decided to do the level one course which lasts for 2 days and then level 2 course which last for 3 days. just to give you an idea of what can be achieved in a very short time...one hour after arriving on day one Andrew asked me to hold my breath for as long as I could and I made it to 60 seconds...then he showed me the way a free diver prepares himself prior to a dive and 15 mins later I was able to hold my breath for 2 minutes! So you can imagine what can then be achieved in 5 days! I dived to 24 meters and could well have done more but felt happy with what I had achieved and cant wait to get back in the water soon! thanks Andrew!

Visited February 2012