All reviewsburritonice cottagesbahay kubotwo nightscold beerbungalowdivehutsmanilaagoda
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Rented the beach house for 4 nights, Ac in the room, Wifi is a litte sporadic, but reset on request, very quiet and secluded apart from Saturday nights with the club opposite but it was great fun :-D

Recommended

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2012

The staff was accomodating especially Lito/Lita. He guided us in our activities. We get to do those things on a bargain, I believe the cheapest way possible yet enjoyment was not compromised. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank AkiSytico
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My friends and I stayed in the Native Aircon Cottage.

Bang for your bucks. Staff are very friendly right from our arrival. Towels and linens are provided. A/C works great. There are only 3 nice cottages for rent, so privacy is not an issue if you're traveling as a couple. Safety box in room works well. Plenty of space in the room. We had a balcony outside our room, where you can hang your wet clothes after a day at the beach. Online booking is fast and easy. They reply to your emails. Serves excellent Mexican cuisine (I can confirm the other reviewers who share the same sentiment as me). I would recommend their enchiladas - I had second serving the next day before our checkout. Dining area is great to chill out with nice cold beers and talk about your day of diving. There's not a lot to do on weeknights around the area. Heard there's a disco nearby on Saturdays. But I can't confirm that myself.

Overall I find it very difficult to write anything bad about this piece of gem. Absolutely a great find. A few things to comment on though.

- Wifi is free but the connection didn't work for me.
- Water from the shower head is quite slow.
- Location is not beach front. Dive centres are about 10-15 minutes walk. You can see the beach along the way.
- Hence I'm giving them a 4/5 rating. But I still wish I could have extended my stay with them.

Visit their website at http://mayasnativegarden.com/.

I would definitely recommend this place and I won't hesitate to return here next time.

Hope this helps and enjoy!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
peterjelsted, Manager at Mayas Native Garden, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Thanks!
Good to hear you were satisfied. At the time you were here in Mayas it was low season, normaly it more lively in the nights and the disco is pumping on saturdays, maybe next time you can enjoy this.
Our Wifi should be working and all guests staying or visiting can use this for free. Just ask the waiter for the login. I agree that the water is not flowing in big streams, however we also want the save water due to the water shortage in the area. We will look into a compromise.
Thanks again for your review

Reviewed May 15, 2012

i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee the room! it was quite spacious and you got your own private bathroom with hot shower! for that price you pay!
spent most of my time on the hammock though, overlooking the garden.
not easy to find, but its not far to walk to the dive centres!
there's places to hang your clothes, and wash your stuffs outside the cottage!
staffs are very friendly.

will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: stay near to restaurant, so you can tap wifi
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Highly recommend to stay there if you are diving fans, lot of diving center take you to diving,according the instructor you can find whale shark and turtle in that area.
B&B organised me a airport pick up 4am from the airport. 2.5hours to Moalboal (without traffic). All staffs are friendly and feel like family. Room clean and basic with sitting area outside of the room, I choose the one with aircon. (the room exactly like...the package party holiday accommodation in Greek/Spain island). Bed is comfortable, quiet. It's a natural environment , you can see couple of ants in the room, also tiny lizard, they do make some noise during night.
Food nice there and cheap. Staffs/ Guests very friendly, I went there alone, I had a drinks and dinner in the bar, some non hotel guests drink in the bar from local, they are more than welcome to recommend what you should do in the island. Everyone know each other in the village and super safe. It has chance to have power cut (last 15/ 20mins), safe there, so nothing to worry about.
Few minutes walk you can reach the seaside with clear water but not a beach, you can walk into the sea and do snorkeling (Low tide from 3pm). You can find few shops for diving course, diving tour, island hopping, adventure tour.
Bars and Restaurants all around, also very cheap price. Most of them with foreigner owner.
The nearest beach called White Beach, staffs take me there by motorbike (around 15mins), long beach withwhite sand and crystal blue water. I went there during Easter weekend, it was pack with all local big family from Cebu city. I only went for lunch. I didn't see sunbed and umbrella laid around for rental (like Thailand). you might have to ask the shop around.
It's nothing fancy in that area, if you on that side, you have to stay in Cebu City.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo