All reviewsburritonice cottagesbahay kubotwo nightscold beerbungalowdivehutsmanilaagoda
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Highly recommend to stay there if you are diving fans, lot of diving center take you to diving,according the instructor you can find whale shark and turtle in that area.
B&B organised me a airport pick up 4am from the airport. 2.5hours to Moalboal (without traffic). All staffs are friendly and feel like family. Room clean and basic with sitting area outside of the room, I choose the one with aircon. (the room exactly like...the package party holiday accommodation in Greek/Spain island). Bed is comfortable, quiet. It's a natural environment , you can see couple of ants in the room, also tiny lizard, they do make some noise during night.
Food nice there and cheap. Staffs/ Guests very friendly, I went there alone, I had a drinks and dinner in the bar, some non hotel guests drink in the bar from local, they are more than welcome to recommend what you should do in the island. Everyone know each other in the village and super safe. It has chance to have power cut (last 15/ 20mins), safe there, so nothing to worry about.
Few minutes walk you can reach the seaside with clear water but not a beach, you can walk into the sea and do snorkeling (Low tide from 3pm). You can find few shops for diving course, diving tour, island hopping, adventure tour.
Bars and Restaurants all around, also very cheap price. Most of them with foreigner owner.
The nearest beach called White Beach, staffs take me there by motorbike (around 15mins), long beach withwhite sand and crystal blue water. I went there during Easter weekend, it was pack with all local big family from Cebu city. I only went for lunch. I didn't see sunbed and umbrella laid around for rental (like Thailand). you might have to ask the shop around.
It's nothing fancy in that area, if you on that side, you have to stay in Cebu City.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Whilst looking for budget accommodation in Moalboal, my friend and I came across Mayas. We planned to stay for a week in the fan cottage room, the most basic of the three cottages. It was just perfect. Clean, safe and comfortable. We could not of wished for anything better! The staff are wonderful, very friendly, welcoming and made us feel very much at home! We ate at the restaurant most days. The food is amazing, and very resonably priced. I highly reccommend the 'DIY burrittos'!
It was a sad day when we had to leave!
Cannot wait to go back again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kyra H
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I had a wonderful 6 day stay on Panagsama Beach/Moalboal at Mayas Native Garden mid February 2012. I was staying in the native family cottage by myself which was way too big for me...but the good reviews on Tripadvisor and all other cottages being booked out led me to staying here nontheless. It was the perfect choice, as I was feeling like a family member from the moment that I arrived. The staff was amazing, everybody was happy and smiling all day. It felt like staying with friends. The food at the restaurant is really good, I recommend the Burritos... :) I spend a lot of time sitting at the bar right next to the street and talking with other guests as well as the adorable bar staff. Hi to Jeisa, Princess, Alma, Rose and of course Mel, the woman in charge. You all made my stay a wonderful experience and I hope to be back some day.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Kai L
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I would 100% recommend Mayas to anyone on a budget looking for a great place to stay at in Moalboal. Not only are the rooms clean and comfortable but the property as a whole, specifically restaurant and bar, is a great place to relax due to the great food and friendly staff. The location is terrific, as Mayas is in the nicest part of Panagsama Beach and is right across from adventure company Planet Action (worth a visit). Whether you plan on diving here or not (we didn't), I would strongly recommend Mayas and Panagsama Beach to anyone who is interested in exploring the Cebu area. The Native House is a great option for a group of 4+

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ross S
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Great option in Moalboal for those looking for cheap, safe, and clean place. The staff is very friendly, the location is good (10 minute motorbike ride from the main beach and close to several dive shops), and the restaurant has great food. There are multiple room types for different group sizes. If you're going to Moalboal you should definitely stay here!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends