All reviewsburritonice cottagesbahay kubotwo nightscold beerbungalowdivehutsmanilaagoda
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I had a wonderful 6 day stay on Panagsama Beach/Moalboal at Mayas Native Garden mid February 2012. I was staying in the native family cottage by myself which was way too big for me...but the good reviews on Tripadvisor and all other cottages being booked out led me to staying here nontheless. It was the perfect choice, as I was feeling like a family member from the moment that I arrived. The staff was amazing, everybody was happy and smiling all day. It felt like staying with friends. The food at the restaurant is really good, I recommend the Burritos... :) I spend a lot of time sitting at the bar right next to the street and talking with other guests as well as the adorable bar staff. Hi to Jeisa, Princess, Alma, Rose and of course Mel, the woman in charge. You all made my stay a wonderful experience and I hope to be back some day.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Kai L
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I would 100% recommend Mayas to anyone on a budget looking for a great place to stay at in Moalboal. Not only are the rooms clean and comfortable but the property as a whole, specifically restaurant and bar, is a great place to relax due to the great food and friendly staff. The location is terrific, as Mayas is in the nicest part of Panagsama Beach and is right across from adventure company Planet Action (worth a visit). Whether you plan on diving here or not (we didn't), I would strongly recommend Mayas and Panagsama Beach to anyone who is interested in exploring the Cebu area. The Native House is a great option for a group of 4+

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ross S
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Great option in Moalboal for those looking for cheap, safe, and clean place. The staff is very friendly, the location is good (10 minute motorbike ride from the main beach and close to several dive shops), and the restaurant has great food. There are multiple room types for different group sizes. If you're going to Moalboal you should definitely stay here!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Alex C
Reviewed November 4, 2011

This was my first trip to Moalboal and the staff at Mayas made it one to remember. Not only were they amongst the friendliest and most attentive I have experienced, they really made you feel at home. The whole experience was amongst the most relaxing I have had - it has been hard to get back to work since.

The rooms are amazing, particularly considering the price - not 5 star standard naturally, but comfortable and suited our needs perfectly. The different rooms could easily suit backpackers right up to honeymooning couples

My highlight was the food. While the mexican was delicious, the extra effort the staff put in on our final night and on the night of one of our members birthday's was touching. Beautiful fresh fish, octopus, ribs - all at an amazing price.

Highly recommend Mayas to anyone wanting a unforgettable experience!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Mitchell H
Reviewed October 31, 2011

i have travelled to panagsama many times in the past but this was our first time to maya's .

the staff are very friendly and i enjoyed the native still huts as they are very comfortable with good hot water for showers .
look forward to coming back next yr.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple