All reviews burrito panagsama beach nice cottages bahay kubo wet clothes two nights cold beer few minutes walk bungalow dive huts manila agoda rates
Reviewed September 9, 2011

We did not stay at this hotel, but since its not listed under restos, I will just make my comments here. We discovered this place before leaving Moalboal and ate there one night and I must say the best Chicken Burritos I have had in a long time in the Philippines were prepared there. They set them up so you can actually put them together yourself giving you all the ingredients ....The waitress was very friendly and we felt welcomed. This in part may be because they were not busy, but in any case it was a really nice find and we only regret that we did not have time for a second run at those burritos before we left.

This is a great alternative to the more expensive Tipolo across the way.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank leftovertoo
Reviewed August 27, 2011

I had a great time at Mayas Native Gardens with "Tickie' & the wonderful girls! Someone had my single cottage (luckily) when I arrived so they put me in the larger cottage with A/C at a reduced price. The food was the best in the area including the value.Hamburgers & fries were my favorite with burrittos a close second.The WiFi worked great even in the cottage.It is truly a native garden with beautiful flowers,plants,and trees which attracted hummingbirds,butterfies,and lizards. The grounds were pruned & watered everyday to be enjoyed from the big porch. Well lighted with paths,a security guard, and service until 7:00am to 9:00pm(?) daily.A big covered BBQ area which opened at 6:00pm nightly. My month stay was interupted by a family emergency so I left after two weeks with the balance of my bill happily REFUNDED!!!! I will most certainly be back. I have stayed on Cebu scuba diving in Dumaguete,Dauin,Bohol,and Malpascua. This is my #1 choice.
Note: Go to the disco on Saturday night !!! (The loud music did not bother my rest)

Room Tip: Stay in the middle cottage,order the big hamburger/fries & Mexican food.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank krazytomdiver
Reviewed April 28, 2011

Maya's is located near the entrance of Panagsama Beach. It's a quiet place without much disturbance but convenience to shops/restaurants/diving shops/adventures etc. It is just 1 min walk from the famous disco bar where music on all night long every Sat.

Maya's staffs are nice, friendly and helpful. And they cook very good food too. Try out their breakfast and BBQ dinner.

We stayed at the aircon cottage for 4 nights. There is a nice balcony which is a very relaxing space for a lazy afternoon.

Although there had been some problems with the lamp and shower during our stay, staffs are willing to help and fix them timely. One thing to improve is the showering system, it will be perfect to have a stronger shower after a long day adventure/diving.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank momochu
Reviewed November 23, 2010

We stayed in the middle bungalow which was just completed. It was made using traditional materials with a modern bathroom and bright airy room. It is basic but very comfortable with a good mattress.
The restaurant food was simple and simply delicious with tasty local coffee. We ate most meals at Mayas and the food never disappointed.
We scuba dived with Nelson's which is five minutes from Mayas and enjoyed Pescador Island, seeing sharks, turtles, lovely coral and much more.
The snorkeling right by Mayas (about 50 meters) was lovely in the clear warm water and it's amazing how much macrolife you can experience close to shore. You can also mountain bike along the local trails, play football twice a week with the local kids so there are many different ways to work up a thirst and an appetite.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hendy70KL
Reviewed November 22, 2010

I stayed back when Mayas had a single cottage and were still at work on the landscaping. I showed up on a trike looking for a budget place - had a look around the area; Tipolo looked great, but was fully booked. The backpacker's lodge was cheap, but hardly a place to leave your things when your out diving or drinking Tanduay. The other places were middle of the road, and none of the front desks really wanted to barter or discount rooms.

Maya's offered a great bang for the buck - a personal cottage with a safe, a fan, and a clean bathroom with a hot shower - perfect for a solo traveler. The deck was great for lounging, and it included an outside sink for cleaning up dive equipment and washing off your feet and footwear. The staff were great, and if you ask they can take care of laundry, cook any food you bring in, or provide a good breakfast for a few hundred pesos.

Unfortunately you don't have a beachside place to sunbathe, but I recommend stopping over and having lunch at the neighboring Restaurant/Resort and buy Jochen a beer or two. He happily let me have access to his beach and furniture, which was literally 1 minute from the cottage. Mayas is also a 5 minute walk from most of the bars/dive shops, but this can be good/bad depending on how much peace and quiet or excitement you're looking for. All in all a great place to stay - I've recommended to friends who have had similarly good experiences at Mayas in Moalboal. I will stay here again if I'm ever in the neighborhood.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo