“friendly, relaxing, great diving and a place in paradise!”

Asian-Belgian Dive Resort
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Asian-Belgian resort for 8 days in March 2013.

The food was great!, my Filipina girlfriend LOVED the friend chicken. The American breakfast was delicious and filling, same goes for the pasta dishes. The meatballs were also very nice and tasty! Everything we tried on the menu was very good.

The diving is mainly wall drift dives. Turtles were common, on one dive i saw 5! Also saw huge schools of sardines which were very impressive. I kept looking in the blue for a whale shark, but I was told they are a rare sight.

The resort is a very relaxing and quiet place with a beautiful view of the sea. The managers, Roland and Monique, and their staff went out of their way to make sure we were happy and comfortable. The room was very nice and clean with satellite TV and air-con. The Divemaster Albert and his staff are also very friendly and accommodating.

After 8 days we didn't want to leave. If we ever go back to Moalboal, we will be staying at Asian-Belgian!

Room Tip: Try to get the room at the front of the resort, it has the best view (5 meters from the water). Y...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had a very good time in this Resort. Monique & Roland are so friendly and helpful people, we felt like at home. Also all other staff are very kind. It doesn´t matter that tehere is no beach in the front, you can lie direct on the water in a very nice garden.
The rooms are simple but clean and spacious. There is a awesome riff direct in the front of the resort, it´s also very good for snorkling.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My friends and I were very pleased with the service at the Asian Belgian. We were not divers but had easy access to snorkel gear and walked off the steps of the resort and swam over beautiful coral to a large coral reef cliff. We snorkeled ear at least once a day and saw sea turtles, puffer fish, and any colored fish you could imagine. It was beautiful! The staff is so kind and Monique helped us organize tours, decide what to do, organize transportation, and even schedule massage. The view is beautiful, the only thing missing is their own beach but there is one you can wade in the water to just next door.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank GPkorea
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed in the sea view room for 4 nights and it was an amazing experience. It was such a treat waking up to an ocean view! Monique, Roland, and the rest of the staff make it their priority to make sure your stay at the resort is a pleasant one. AB resort is conveniently located near Pagnasama beach (nightlife) and White sand beach.
The diving and the snorkeling was definitely a highlight of our trip. I saw 6 sea turtles during my dive and one during snorkeling. A 30 meter swim out into the ocean and you'll find a drop off with an abundance of corals and sea life.
The resort also offers a few day trips (Kawasan falls, whale shark swim) available for a reasonable price. The AB restaurant had amazing breakfast but you could find cheaper and more of a variety off the resort.
I would recommend renting a scooter and touring the city. Down the street from the resort you can rent scooters for cheap. The women who lives there is very kind and helpful! Pagnasama beach is about a 15 minute scooter ride from the resort. Kawasan falls is a 40 minute scooter ride.

Overall, we had a lovely stay at AB resort and recommend to anyone is looking for a relaxing resort but still wants adventure. :)

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank leiyana w
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I really had a great time in AB resort!

I was looking for a nice place to relax and to learn how to dive and I found the perfect place in Moalboal in this great resort!
The Staff is awesome very friendly and always here to help you or to organize trips for you.
Roland and Monique are the perfect hosts even when I arrived at the resort in the middle of the night (4AM).
It's also the perfect spot to do scuba diving and even snorkeling. You just have to take the stairs down to the sea and to go to the reef in front of the resort.
Under the sea the landscape is beautiful and I really enjoyed learning how to dive in this heaven under the water! You can see turtles, multicolored fishes, beautiful corals and so on...
Also I would like to thank Daniel my diving master for teaching me how to dive and Albert for going diving with the boat! I got PADI certified and really good memories spent over and under the water...
The food was also very good cooked by very friendly Philippines people~~
You can see beautiful sunset in the evening over the other island.
If you want to go to town, just ask people to book you a tricycle to enjoy the "night life"

The perfect trip to get away from stress, cold winter weather, to meet nice people and to dive!

I have now only 1 wish : to go back there as soon as possible to continue diving! ^_^
Roland were right: "Once you started to dive you can't stop anymore"

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My girlfriend and I very much enjoyed our stay at the Asian-Belgian. It was easily the best place we stayed while in the Philippines. First of all, the location is amazing. You wake up every morning 50 yards from crystal clear waters. It's very peaceful. I've never stayed in a hotel that had a more beautiful location and such easy access to the ocean.

The staff are super friendly and there is a relaxed, family atmosphere about the place. The managers (Monique and Roland) are really personable and helpful and do everything they can to accommodate your requests.

I got my scuba certification while I was there and it was a really enjoyable experience. The owner, Daniel, is also the dive instructor. He is laid-back and really makes you feel comfortable. We also went on a few boat dives while staying here, and the dive guides are also great. Tom and Albert do their best to make sure you see all the wonderful things the ocean has to offer. Tom was especially helpful; he sent me an email about good dive equipment to buy after I had left.

The good is pretty good, although the service can be slow. The water didn't work a few times. But these negatives are easily overlooked considering how great everything else was.

Would definitely stay here again, and highly recommend a visit.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The resort is a nice, quiet and peaceful place, great for diving, snorkeling and relaxing. We enjoyed our stay and time at the resort. The hosts are friendly, warm and helpful with info regarding tours (whale sharks, waterfalls, fishing, Cebu city transfer…), diving, padi… the white beach is a walking distance from the hotel and is nice to relax after diving.
The restaurant offers good food at a decent price, a variety of dishes (local, Asian and Belgian), and free water 24/7. There are several kinds of rooms depending on your preferences but are clean, basic, cozy and comfortable, some have a great sea view. Free Wi-Fi and pool table.
Snorkeling can be done just down on the beach, 50m from shore, nice corals, fishes… For diving there are many spots close by (max 1hour boat): the wall just in front, further on that wall or Isla Pescador, many things to see, long dives and good equipment.
It’s a few kilometers from Moalboal city and touristic place, but it can be reached by renting tricycle for a dinner and spend some time in the town. The resort is a great alternative for the touristic Moalboal and having great dives and a relaxing time!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple