We've had a lovely stay with the magicians from May 23 through May 27. Even before our arrival, the arrangements for pick-up, dives and accommodation was very smooth and extremely quick! Several other dive resorts took 2-3 days just to get back to us with an approximate quote on how much everything would cost, but Magic replied within a day. No strange forms required for just asking for a quote too!
Pick-up was smooth and on-time at the airport - friendly driver and reasonable price. The magic started when we arrived at the resort entrance, where a couple of "magicians" were expecting us! We were greeted by name, and were led to our quaint little cottage which was already cooled by airconditioning - the resort staff actually texted our driver many times to ask abt our ETA so that they can make all these arrangements! The briefings were informative and concise, and we got to dive the very same afternoon!
The surface of the sea is amazingly flat. Very little current, and of course great for diving! I'm grateful the boat crew secretly watched over us when we setup our dive gear every morning. Despite having gone on a few dive trips, things always get confusing for me the first time I assemble the equipment after a few months in between. They were also always there when I needed some extra muscle to turn on the air tanks. Some resorts go all the way to setup the equipment, but I prefer that they allow us to do it ourselves, while making sure we do it correctly.
The dive boats were fabulous. I like the way they coated all the surfaces with non-slip material. The dive guides were really good at spotting pygmy seahorses, which are, in my opinion, notoriously hard to find! They were so tiny! They gave every diver plenty of time to snap pictures before moving on. Dive groups were between 2-5 people per dive. What could be improved would be a spare tank on the boat. One of the divers dropped into the water with her reg facing upwards and lost 30 bar of air before realizing it. It wasn't at all the fault of the dive guide of boat crew, but it might have been awesome if there were a backup full tank available.
The kitchen staff was commendable! They were super friendly, kind and really made us feel at home! They had all our likes and dislikes written on a board e.g. Sarah likes fish, no meat.
I'll really like to go back to the peace and tranquility this dive resort offered again. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Away from the masses, you'll have a wonderful stay in one of our ten cottages. Enjoy a great dinner in our restaurant or have a drink on our terrace with its magnificent view of Pescador Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Magic Island Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Magic Island Dive Hotel Moalboal
- Magic Island Dive Resort Moalboal, Cebu Island