We booked this resort hotel "on the fly" while travelling in the Philippines. Email communication with the Quo Vadis was a bit troubled as we were struggling to find WiFi spots, but in the end it all worked out - even though we got a "sorry we're full" notice two hours after we had checked in.
The Quo Vadis is beautifully place on top of the rocks with the view over Pescador Island, the Tanon Strait and the impressive mountain ranges of Negros Island in the background. Prcedures at the reception were smooth and we were in our rooms after 10 minutes and ready to explore the area. A little on the downside was the note from the reception that paying by credit card would incur a 5% fee over cash payment. Cash is only available at an ATM in the Pharmacy in MoalBoal.
The rooms were clean and well looked after with fridge and AC and a nice bed, TV and a view of the ocean from the front porch.
We went on a few dives with the attached dive centre, one night dive on the quite dramatic house reef and of course we couldn't miss out on Pescador Island, which has been a protected area for a long time and the amount of under water life is just fabulous. My personal highlight though was the dive at The Sardines. This goes down close to shore but you dive into a quite large swarm of sardines. I could have watched that swarm for hours as it moved around above and below you, reacting in that unique swarm pattern to your every move. Amazing!
We didn't eat in the hotel other than breakfast which was delicious, plenty and freshly made. So we ventured out for dinners to neighbourhood, which has quite a range of different style food on offer.
We travelled through MoalBoal in July and it was quiet and not too crowded. However, judging just by the number of diving schools in the area I can imagine that it gets quite busy out on the reef during high season.
One more on the diving: we saw turtles on every dive, often more than one and you can easily snorkel around the house reef in front of the hotel - including turtles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quo Vadis Dive Resort welcomes divers and non divers. Perfectly located along the shore line and only 3 minutes walk from Panagsama center with bars and restaurants. We are appreciated for our clean and peaceful surroundings, big clean rooms, good food and our 5 star PADI dive center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Expedia, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quo Vadis Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quo Vadis Beach Hotel Moalboal
- Quo Vadis Dive Resort Moalboal, Cebu Island