Moalboal Backpacker Lodge
$74
$88
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Savedra Beach Resort(Moalboal)(Great Value!)
$26
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsprivate roomsingle roommosquito netbamboo terracedorm bedsbig dormto meet fellow travellersnice common areacentral locationpanagsama beachlow budgetchilli barcanyoning toursmall balconythe main stripbring your ownsardines
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Moalboal Backpackers Lodge...I had a single, fan room and
it was clean and cool most of the time...The owner and staff at the lodge make you feel at home
and are very helpful and informative!!

The room was spotless, as were the showers and the kitchen area.

They have fresh ground coffee available and an espresso for lattes that are very reasonably
priced. Good restaurants nearby as well.

The Backpacker Lodge is the only true budget accomodation at Panagsama Beach and certainly the best in my mind.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Mark R
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Really liked it here. Sadly I could only stay one night, but I thought hard about changing my flight!

Everything is clean, staff really really nice and helpful. The bamboo social area upstairs is really small, but great to meet fellow travellers.

Room Tip: 8 bed dorm is in a bit of a 'public/open' area, but seemed fine. 4 bed is downstairs and also fine. Beds have plastic covering which can be a little uncomfortable in the heat!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Wanderee
Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed at Moalboal Backpacker Lodge whilst completing my Open Water Dive qualification. I cannot express how much myself and my partner enjoyed our stay. We had one of the private double rooms which came with mosquito net, and safety box that you locked with your own padlocks. The accommodation, showers etc are extremely clean, there is a fantastic bamboo deck which is perfect for sunset beers and there are two hammocks that you can chill out in whenever you feel like it.

Both Torsten and the girls who work there are ever accommodating and friendly and the recent addition of the breakfast bar is a revalation! Real coffee and delicious pancakes. The final thing to mention is the price, such great value for money.

Overall a brilliant place to stay, a home away from home!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank scottestingrex
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I've read may good stuff about this business... which set our expectation to the "great" level. However, it kind of turned us off when we were about to stay with them, the receptionist wasn't polite at all. So we ended up looking for another accommodation after a loooong long trip.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank describetravel
Reviewed July 14, 2012

What can I say about this place? It really was a highlight of my stay in the Philippines. The ladies that run it are absolute saints and on a couple of occasions cooked up an incredible barbeque for us all. It's a very relaxed area and the bamboo sun deck is hard to move from. Could not recommend it any more highly to anybody that is looking to stay in the area. Fantastic experience.

Shane