Moalboal Backpacker Lodge
Travelocity
$144
$127
Agoda.com
Quo Vadis Dive Resort(Moalboal)(Great Value!)
$31
$30
$88
  • Pool
Savedra Beach Resort(Moalboal)(Great Value!)
$26
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
All reviewsprivate roomsingle roommosquito netbamboo terracedorm bedsbig dormto meet fellow travellersnice common areacentral locationpanagsama beachlow budgetchilli barcanyoning toursmall balconythe main stripbring your ownsardines
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I love the bamboo deck. You can sit, read, listen to the roosters crow, and look out at the ocean. The place is clean, and staff is friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Lauren S
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I am traveling alone for over a year and see a lot of dodgy establishments, I was staying in Moalboal in Quo Vadis which is nice (villa 3) however the service was not great and it is not cheap. I decided to move to the other end of the beach and looked into the backpackers. To my delight it is so clean, has wifi, a great kitchen, nice balcony with some water views and nice enough rooms with storage. The most outstanding thing at this backpackers besides the cleanliness and amenities is the service provided by the wonderful Anna-Lou. In my opinion why pay more when you can save and stay in this establishment. Nice find.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank HelenaHD
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I had $300 US dollars stolen out of my locked room out of the locked box provided by the staff. On two separate occasions someone went into the room and took money out of my money belt. I was the only guest at the lodge, and it was obvious who stole the money. The staff are lying thieves and should not be trusted.

Read my full explanation here,

Warning, do not stay there if you don't want to be robbed right under your nose.

Room Tip: The rooms are not safe. They have spare keys and will steal from you.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank anacapa1425
Reviewed December 4, 2010

Whenever I'm in a diving destination, I choose to spend more on diving and not on the accomodation. This lodge is great given the cheap price. The entire property is clean and very comfortable.

Best features are the free wifi and the veranda where you can enjoy a bottle or two of beer after a long day of diving and biking.

The lodge has a non-monetary relationship with Cebu Dive Center. I highly recommend the lodge but not the diveshop. The manager/instructor/dive guide is too boorish to my liking. You're better off with Nelson's as long as you inform them in advance that you're coming.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank carylb
Reviewed November 18, 2010

this place was unlike any backpacker lodge i've ever stayed at! the owner was grumpy when i asked to change my reservation. he then kept 3 days of my payment made in advance when he kicked me out, just because the rest of my party was delayed in arriving.

i would not recommend anyone to stay at this place, and tell everyone every chance i get to avoid this place!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo