The Philippines had never really come up as a destination for me until recently when a friend recommended I give it go. The Blue Orchid Resort has an odd set of things going for it that I haven't really come across all in one place before - it is an incredibly welcoming place. The staff are really friendly and helpful and lend a family feel to the place just by how they are with eachother - this comes across nicely and gives the place a great atmosphere. The other travellers I met at the resort were all really nice, open and friendly people that seemed to be attracted to the same aspects that I was about the resort. You basically didn't get the usual drunken louts (the other resorts further up the beach had those) and we all spent a fair portion of our chill out time chatting at the tables beside the resort's canteen by the pool. I was also glad that I stayed there over New Years as this resort is well situated to see most of the fireworks displays from the other resorts whilst enjoying al fresco wine and food with all of the other guests. You can come here and not spend a penny until your bill at the end and the bill was less than I expected. It wouldn't be a balanced review if I didn't mention the mosquito's - bring repellent with factor of no less that 50 deet. I would also recommend doing the Kawasan falls trip as its really close and gives you an awesome experience of the Philippines natural environment and some great opportunities to cool off under the falls and taking the plunge at various levels as you head up the mountain side for some cracking views. Diving and snorkelling are on tap everyday and Pescador, Tonga and various other spots were great for seeing tortoises, shoals of sardines and the full spectrum of marine life. I'm told that around March or April is the best time to see dolphins - I'm hopeful I will be able to make a return trip then. Recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our beautiful, private, seaside resort accommodation is tucked away in a secluded corner of Mac Payong, just 30 meters from the 2km White Beach. Just a short drive away from Moalboal and Panagsama, it offers a quiet, idyllic setting for your holiday. The location couldn't get any better for diving as one of the best reefs in the area is directly in front of your ocean view room. The reef is perfect for beginner divers, and also for snorkelers. However the step walls make an exhilarating dive for seasoned advanced divers. The resort's architecture is a blend of Mediterranean and native styles incorporating local stone and thatched roof with white arches and Spanish tiles. Each room has either a large arched doorway or huge glass sliding doors to provide guests with amazing ocean views. Fall asleep after a hard day's dive to the sound of gentle waves and the wind gently blowing through the yucca trees. Office hours: 8am to 8pm Email to arrange airport pickup with a minimum of 24 hour notice. Check -ins are to be arranged in advance if past or before normal office hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Blue Orchid Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Blue Orchid Hotel Moalboal
- The Blue Orchid Resort Moalboal, Cebu Island