“Great diving, great people, great prices... what's not to like?” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Blue Orchid Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Blue Orchid Resort
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Moalboal
Jerusalem, Israel
“Great diving, great people, great prices... what's not to like?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2010

I stayed at the Blue Orchid on the strength of the favorable tripadvisor reviews, and I was not disappointed.

I travel to the Philippines frequently for business, and usually try to get in some diving on the weekends. Of the places I've been diving -- Batangas, Subic, Mactan, and now Moalboal -- the diving in Moalboal, in particular Pescador Island, was the best I've seen so far. Excellent visibility -- ~ 100 feet -- lots of marine life including an amazing school of sardines, large lion fish, 6' thresher shark. Very nice.

Even if you don't dive, it's a great place to stay. The staff are very helpful and friendly. Meals are generally taken somewhat communally, so it's a great way to get to know other people. Everything is nice, well maintained. The beach at the property is small but nice. Good snorkeling, and the house reef is also decent diving.

This place gets one of my highest recommendations: of all the places I've stayed in the Philippines, it's the only one that I would go back to on my own time and money!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank Reb_Barry

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Surrey, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2010

We chose Blue Orchid based on the reviews on TripAdvisor and we
were not disappointed. The rooms were modern and clean and
just a few steps to the water. The owner Micheal and staff could
not have been more helpful and the food was some of the best we
have ever tasted at a resort. The resort is gifted with stunning
views and low tide allowed us to walk to explore other beaches. We
would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank purplealientraveller
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2010

The Blue Orchid is relaxing and friendly with opportunities to dive off the house reef or take a boat out to numerous dive spots.I dived and my wife snorkelled and lay in the sun, fantastic holiday for us both. I was a fairly inexperienced diver, and was well looked after by the manager who gave loads of advice and support and came with me on my dives offering excellent local knowledge. The diving is fantastic, with a stunning coral reef and great variety of marine life. The staff are very friendly and the service was excellent. We truly felt welcomed and were taken care of with constant smiles. Blue Orchid is in a beautiful location, the rooms all have views across the sea to the adjacent island of Negros and are comfortable and spacious. Has a great pool, well maintained grounds (with domesticated toucans and parakeets and even a monkey!) The hotel organised trips out to the nearby towns for sightseeing and restaurants, and to Kasawan Falls which was a great experience.This was our first time in the Philippines and due to the Blue Orchid, manager and staff, it will be the first of many visits. We'll be back to the Blue Orchid for our next holiday.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JANEANDCHRIS
World
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2010

I trully enjoyed my stay at Blue Orchid. If you're after diving experience, you can't find anything better. The sea was just a couple of minutes walk away from my room, and the coral reef started right at the shore.
The service is excellent. English manager Mark was very helpful, and certainly enjoyed our evening conversations :-) And even was able to borrow an USB modem from him to check my emails every day. The place had 24/7 security and I was told it was quite safe to leave stuff in my room. I didn't have a TV and I didn't need it - this place was a getaway, and I didn't want to spoil the experience.

The rooms are clean and serviced daily. You can choose a room with or without an air conditioner. Although an aicon is nice to have, in that climate it isn't really necessary.
They don't have a wide choice of meals at the hotel's restaurant, but everything is very tasty and certainly I wasn't starving.

The only downside is that if you're after a nightlife, it is not readily available at the hotel . But hey, you'll get a good night sleep instead, because there will be no disco beats outside through the night! White Beach doesn't have many places to hang out, and you may want to go to Pangasama beach for a night out, which is about 20 minutes away by car. If you decide to go there, Mark can arrange for you to be taken there and back, and may even go with you if you're not busy.

I'll definitely stay at Blue Orchid if I come to Moal Boal again, and will recommend it to anyone.

Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Travel99World
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moalboal
Tepanee Beach Resort
Marcosas Cottages Resort
Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel
Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel
#9 of 41 in Mactan Island

Been to The Blue Orchid Resort? Share your experiences!