I trully enjoyed my stay at Blue Orchid. If you're after diving experience, you can't find anything better. The sea was just a couple of minutes walk away from my room, and the coral reef started right at the shore.
The service is excellent. English manager Mark was very helpful, and certainly enjoyed our evening conversations :-) And even was able to borrow an USB modem from him to check my emails every day. The place had 24/7 security and I was told it was quite safe to leave stuff in my room. I didn't have a TV and I didn't need it - this place was a getaway, and I didn't want to spoil the experience.
The rooms are clean and serviced daily. You can choose a room with or without an air conditioner. Although an aicon is nice to have, in that climate it isn't really necessary.
They don't have a wide choice of meals at the hotel's restaurant, but everything is very tasty and certainly I wasn't starving.
The only downside is that if you're after a nightlife, it is not readily available at the hotel . But hey, you'll get a good night sleep instead, because there will be no disco beats outside through the night! White Beach doesn't have many places to hang out, and you may want to go to Pangasama beach for a night out, which is about 20 minutes away by car. If you decide to go there, Mark can arrange for you to be taken there and back, and may even go with you if you're not busy.
I'll definitely stay at Blue Orchid if I come to Moal Boal again, and will recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our beautiful, private, seaside resort accommodation is tucked away in a secluded corner of Mac Payong, just 30 meters from the 2km White Beach. Just a short drive away from Moalboal and Panagsama, it offers a quiet, idyllic setting for your holiday. The location couldn't get any better for diving as one of the best reefs in the area is directly in front of your ocean view room. The reef is perfect for beginner divers, and also for snorkelers. However the step walls make an exhilarating dive for seasoned advanced divers. The resort's architecture is a blend of Mediterranean and native styles incorporating local stone and thatched roof with white arches and Spanish tiles. Each room has either a large arched doorway or huge glass sliding doors to provide guests with amazing ocean views. Fall asleep after a hard day's dive to the sound of gentle waves and the wind gently blowing through the yucca trees. Office hours: 8am to 8pm Email to arrange airport pickup with a minimum of 24 hour notice. Check -ins are to be arranged in advance if past or before normal office hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your The Blue Orchid Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Blue Orchid Hotel Moalboal
- The Blue Orchid Resort Moalboal, Cebu Island