We had an absolutly great time at this resort, which is mainly because the entire staff worked so hard to make the guests happy. However, there is small issues that could be improved.
- Dino, who is running the dive base is extremly commited to his guests (I am an absolute maniac about dive safety. Dino is even more perfectionistic about it than me)
- Junjun, the boat captain works like crazy in his efforts to take workload of the divers (loading/ unloading the boat etc.)
- Very nice location (directly on the sea)
- No mass tourism (only a limited number of rooms, and no crowds on the dive boat)
- Quite good and inexpensive cuisine
- All staff is extremly nice and friendly. My wife doesn't speak, but understands philipino (which they didn't know) Unlike elsewhere on our trip, she never picked up a single negative word about the guests, just funny and cute stuff like: "Wow, they can eat a lot" or "Wow, he is really white"
- Never in my life (also nowhere else in Moalboal) seen such worndown rental diving equipment... Doesn't suit well to the perfectionism with that the dive base is managed otherwise
- WiFi can be a newsence as it is not available in all rooms (a pitty, as it would propably be pretty inexpensive to upgrade these facilities)
THINGS TO KNOW:
- The trip from Cebu airport is quite far: 3h best case !!!
- Bring your own scuba diving equipmemt (see above)
- Next village is about 30 min (by tricycle) away
- Aircon is installed directly on top of the bed
- Very quiet
- Perfect for small groups
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our beautiful, private, seaside resort accommodation is tucked away in a secluded corner of Mac Payong, just 30 meters from the 2km White Beach. Just a short drive away from Moalboal and Panagsama, it offers a quiet, idyllic setting for your holiday. The location couldn't get any better for diving as one of the best reefs in the area is directly in front of your ocean view room. The reef is perfect for beginner divers, and also for snorkelers. However the step walls make an exhilarating dive for seasoned advanced divers. The resort's architecture is a blend of Mediterranean and native styles incorporating local stone and thatched roof with white arches and Spanish tiles. Each room has either a large arched doorway or huge glass sliding doors to provide guests with amazing ocean views. Fall asleep after a hard day's dive to the sound of gentle waves and the wind gently blowing through the yucca trees. Office hours: 8am to 8pm Email to arrange airport pickup with a minimum of 24 hour notice. Check -ins are to be arranged in advance if past or before normal office hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Blue Orchid Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Blue Orchid Hotel Moalboal
- The Blue Orchid Resort Moalboal, Cebu Island