We booked very last minute during the Chinese New Year holiday.
Staff is very friendly and helpful from the moment you email them to the departure.
Pretty resort with a well-kept and colourful garden. I only feel sorry for the frangipani tree bare of flowers that they harvest to make welcome necklace :((
I do prefer frangipani flowers on the tree where they diffuse a lovely perfume
The resort is by the sea - I highly recommend the seaview rooms - with no neighbour and completely tucked away from the village, so it feels quite exclusive and it's really quiet/relaxing. Booking a trike is easy to get to the village, which we did to dine.
Our room was good. Clean, big and with a comfortable bed although some details are really basic - especially in the bathroom toilet flush can be painful, control of the shower temperature a bit tricky and no hook or rack to hang clothes.
Sounds a bit silly but they do put so much care in some area, e.g. flowers on the bed and a hand-written personalised welcome note - I'd actually rather have some stuff to hang my clothes!
Diving centre is 5 stars and is worth every penny. Equipment is in top condition (I hate when the wetsuit looks and feels over-worn); the resort has a private pier and boat. The diving crew is brilliant, our dive master was Cris, and everything's made to be effortless. They bring the tanks to the boat, I never had to carry around anything - that's true holiday :)
The house reef is very nice and I regret we did not go night diving.
On our last day, we were flying at night so we went snorkelling instead - no disappointment at all, there is so much to see at less than 3 metres.
Free 15 min massage was great and I wanted to book a full one before leaving but unfortunately there was no spot available.
Food is THE huge improvement that needs to be made - and why I cannot give a 5/5 review. The only dish that was good was the grilled seafood kebab. The rest was uninteresting at best...
Breakfast is OK, a bit on the boring side.
Note that WIFI only works near the reception area.
How to get there: they use a cab company that charges PHP4000 one way - PHP8000 return to Cebu airport. Instead, we took a taxi at the airport and paid PHP2500. The same driver came to pick us up on our way back for the same price. He was super nice and reliable, so here's his number: +63 943 566 3196
I hope he won't mind me putting it online.
I'm glad we did not stay in the village. It's very cramped, not as green as Kasai and more crowded-touristy. If we ever return to Moalboal, I would definitely go back to Kasai.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is perfectly suited for diving and other water sporting activities. On exciting excursions with jungle trips, cave exploring, motorcycle riding in the mountains, hill walking to the waterfalls and hot springs and much more, you will get to know the diversity of the amazing Island of Cebu. Alternatively, Kasai Village Resort is equally suited for romantics and those who just want to relax. We believe that YOU deserve to have a great and relaxing vacation with your family or friends. The friendly and luxurious atmosphere of the resort gives you the chance to get away from the everyday stress and get into island time. We will make our best to give you the holiday you deserve and dream of. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Kasai Village Dive & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kasai Village Dive And Spa Resort
- Kasai Village Dive Hotel Moalboal
- Kasai Village Dive & Spa Resort Moalboal, Cebu Island