From the moment I arrived to the second I left this resort was a truly fantastic experience. A driver came to the airport to pick us up to begin our 2 1/2h drive to the resort. We were welcomed with delicious drink and all the staff immediately learned our names. The owner personally drove us to the airport on our departure day. He kindly dropped us off at the mall, and picked us up a few hours later so we wouldn't ahve to kill the time at the airport. What service!
The restaurant served family style meals all sitting around a large table. Most nights, Fay and Chris sat with us as well. Since we were literally the only guests at the resort we didn't have a choice of food.... they just brought out plates of meat, veggies, rice, salad etc; and mainly Thai/Philippino/Asian dishes. We never went hungry. From some of the other reviews I assume that there is normally a menu you can order off of and a weekly buffet dinner with entertainment. Albert, our waiter everday in the restaurant not only learned our names but knew what we liked with our meals (tea in the morning instead of coffee, etc.).
We were mainly here to scuba dive and the house reef did not disapppoint. The dive staff was knowledgeable, helpful and attentive. Robin our Divemaster had an eagle eye on the reef and could spot anything! The DM accompanied us for every dive, including 2 daily boat dives to various points around Moalboal and any night dives we wanted to do.
Everything was clean and well kept including the rooms, pool, games room and restaurant. You could every enjoy massages by the pool if you chose. They were next to nothing (900 pesos) for an hour full body massage.
I would happily reccomend this resort to anybody and everybody and hope to return someday :) :) :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique family run hotel and dive resort with 27 well equipped air-conditioned rooms. Choice of villa room of 2-story hotel block. Set in landscaped tropical grounds giving onto the shore front. Reclaimed beach and great coral house reef. Easy access to over 20 dive sites. Restaurant serves buffet meals and a la carte snacks and meals. Food comes highly recommended by guests. Free Breakfast and Free WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Turtle Bay Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Bay Dive Hotel Moalboal
- Turtle Bay Dive Resort Moalboal, Cebu Island